Currently, Houston

Montana native, residing in Houston, TX. 

Current ride is a 2006 950AdvS with 32K miles on the clock. (recently dressed it up with a signature designs vinyl kit)

Until recently, I lived in Grand Junction, spending all my spare time riding Western Colorado and Southern Utah on a 530 Xcw.  All technical off road, single track and and overland rides.   This part of the US is an off road /overland dream.

Houston doesn't have as much to offer terrain wise, but, it's always nice to get out for rip and meet other enthusiasts.

Fun Texas rides:

Sam Houston NP (yes, the sandy single track) 

In and around Big Bend NP/Terlinqua

Hill Country Tarmac

SW Kerrville/ Hackberry/Bullhead dirt roads 

IMG_2301.JPG

IMG_1433.JPG

• Like 3

Great to hear from you! Really like your 950, graphics look cool! My youngest son just located outside Houston. When I manage to come to visit him I'll be looking to rent a bike for a couple days to check things out. At that time maybe you'll be around for a quick dirt tour! What the rental shop doesn't know about , right?

Welcome & Nice RIDE!! Grand Junction is my favorite spot out here, how many times did you brave Skinny Ridge on that 530??

I was a riding 2-3 days a week before I got transferred. 

Skinny ridges, 27 1/4 road,  The entire area is a playground.  Zion Curtain, Butterknife, Rabbit valley, 20 minute workout, Westwater, rips to Thompson springs...quick trips to Moab. The Unc.  

• Like 1

Great to hear from you! Really like your 950, graphics look cool! My youngest son just located outside Houston. When I manage to come to visit him I'll be looking to rent a bike for a couple days to check things out. At that time maybe you'll be around for a quick dirt tour! What the rental shop doesn't know about , right?

Hi, thanks for the complement.  No dirt tours close to Houston.  The best riding I've found in Texas is the hill country, South of I-10 around Leaky, Uvalde and Kerrville. There are a few picturesque dirt roads around there.  This is a 3.5 hour drive West of Houston.  It is best to load up the bike and haul it over.   Big Bend is the only other interesting spot and I rate it high on the fun scale. Nothing really technical about it, but fun and scenic.  This is a 10 hour drive west of Houston.

• Like 1

I was a riding 2-3 days a week before I got transferred. 

Skinny ridges, 27 1/4 road,  The entire area is a playground.  Zion Curtain, Butterknife, Rabbit valley, 20 minute workout, Westwater, rips to Thompson springs...quick trips to Moab. The Unc.  

I am sorry for your loss....... LOL