Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


Sjiriki last won the day on August 31 2015

Sjiriki had the most liked content!

Community Reputation

64 Excellent

About Sjiriki

  • Rank
    Advanced Member

Profile Information

  • Gender
  • Location
  • Interests

Recent Profile Visitors

944 profile views
  1. Sjiriki

    Sjiriki from Belgium

    Browsing through the site and noticing I haven't properly introduced myself. So the basics are this, I am a 26-year old rider from Belgium. I started riding when I was 16 with a Derbi Senda SDR 50cc and then when I passed for my motorcycle license on my 18th birthday I started riding with a Cagiva Raptor 650cc. Did my first travel and trackdays with this strong fella and then I switched to bigger sportsbikes, Suzuki GSXR, Yamaha ZX6R and an Aprilia RSV Mille in the end. When I met my husband at a French track in 2012 my goals took another horizon. He had an R1100GS that was so suited for travel, that after some offroadtrips (soft-gravel) I decided to trade in my GSX600R for a BMW F650GS Dakar. We did minor offroad at first, going to Norway with it etc. And from then on I got carried away on the "adventure" part of life. I got an R1100GS last year myself and that was one of the best decisions in my life. At the moment I am planning a bigger project that involves all the XL Adventure Bikes, trust me, it will be exciting but I will post more of that later. For the rest, look up my posts to see and read more about all my bike shizzle... Greetz Jessica
  2. Yeah ! Love this, thanks for sharing. This initiative is the best and makes me want to become a better rider. I'm rooting the girls will have a good place in the Trophy !
  3. Sjiriki

    Hi from Long Island

    Yehaa ! Welcome and keep us up to date with your adventures.
  4. Sjiriki

    Show off your big... Bikes, ladies !

    Nice post Advgrrl ! Loved it, I think we might be buddies on FB as well.
  5. 06/09/2014 Romania Part 1 Pictures from the first two days in Romania, we entered Romania through Hungaria the first day and the second day we did the first part of the TransAlpina. In Romania we did the two most beautifull roads in the world, accordingly to Top Gear. After a full day offroadriding, the asphalted piece of the TransAlpina was very welcome. During the TransAlpina ride, I had a passenger, there was a -not- teenytiny wolfsspider in my helmet. And boy, he sure liked the taste of my scalp. I first thought my hair was really itchy that day, maybe I had caught flees of lice somewhere, anything is possible on a trip like this. I'm glad it was only a spider... Sepappe got it out of my helmet safe, and the Spider lives happily ever after now in the forests near the TransAlpina road. We got soaking wet that day, even our goretexlayers couldn't keep the water out. When even your underwear is soaked, these trips become an endurance-struggle. 07/09/2014 Romania Part 2 What had to become one of the most beautifull onroaddays in our trip, became the most exciting day in my life, ever ! We started the day with a very small breakfast and only one cup of coffee a person. There was allready a thunderstorm busy outside, so Sepappe and I braced ourselves for another day of being completely wet. Our suits didn't dry this night, so we even started the day in wet clothing. Our spirits were high, because we were going to do the upperpiece of the TransAlpina, which promised us spectacular views and many many hairpins. As stated we started the day with a thunderstorm and the further we got in the morning the more we noticed there were really unusual things going on in this vally. We saw Romanian people in the streets crying, we saw them pointing and taking pictures from houses, playgrounds and the waterreservoir. Some areas were completely flooded but with the bikes we didn't have any problems crossing them. At some point the cilinders from the GS were liquidcooled too... you could even say the cilinders were taking a swim. And this was just riding down the streets. We were riding an hour or two untill we were faced with a traffic jam, again no problem with the bikes, untill we got to the beginning of the traffic jam and noticed that the road was completely gone ! There had been a massive landslide from up in the mountains and the road was gone. Eaten alive by the monster Nature can be. The aggressiveness of Mother Nature was enormous that day. There was a crane trying to guide the mudslide away from the cars and the people, but it was very clear no one was going to cross this mudslide any time soon. Sepappe and I had found peace with our wet suits, but now we had to ride the same route over again since there were no asphalted ways other than the one that got eaten by the mudslide. Sepappe would have taked some offroad tracks through the mountains but I didn't dare. If the mountains were that unstable because of the excessive amounts of water, I wasn't going to ride offroad in them. The Garde des Montaignes or in other words, the Mountain Police kindly requested that we left since the area was very unstable. So we left, and drove the same route again, only to find the roads had been roughened up some more. Many small mudslides were terrifing cars and people along the way. We even crossed a white van stuck in one of them, the bikes made no fuss about it, they just hopped along the rocks and mud. When the rain finally began to clear a little bit (read the Gods have stopped nominating us for the Ice Bucket Challenge) there was a short cut though the mountains and Sepappe convinced me to take it. So we got along the first part just fine, we encountered a man completely packed in plastic as only shelter for the rain. He owned some donkeys and bless him, even his donkeys had received some plastic over their backs against the rain. We were pointing out which way we wanted to go and he made it very clear we could NOT go there. I don't understand Romanian, but when a dude shouts at you "ROUTO BLOCKARE !!!" and points in the direction you want to go in an unstable area, all languages are the same. So we had to turn back... again... Almost an hour later we arrive at a threeway junction, one road is where we came from yesterday, the other one is were we came from today and on the third road, the one we really need, has a police officer on it that tells us we cannot go any further. There had been a landslide there too and the complete route is blocked. SHIT. The friendly cop says we can go and have a look at it and then come back to him. We really didn't want to take a + 250km detour from where we came the day before, so we decided to go and check out the slide. Take some pictures for the guys at home. And indeed, some 5km further on, there is a huge pile of mud and pinetrees blocking the road. Sepappe is close to undercooling, so we decide to have some coffee first and then begin the detour back. Approximately five minutes later, we hear on the other side of the mudslide a group of bikes approaching. I saw a Rev'It Sand costume, a red one, and then some others waving at us. We look like children waving from different playgrounds to eachother, each rather wanting to be on the other side. They look soaked too and are Slovakian motorists. They had a rather fierce guy with them and he was determined NOT to go back. We couldn't chat with them as their English was very basic, but our goals were the same. Apparently they were in the same position as we were, or we crossed this mudslide, or take a detour. Sepappe shouted, "We help you if you help us!". The smallest Slovakian aswered "Deal". So the guys started cutting the trees, removing rocks and mud. Sepappe had a treesaw with him and the Slovakian guy had an army shovel. Together they did an amazing job. In less than an hour they had created a path. Now the more difficult task began. We had to get this bikes across, we got started with the smallest bikes, two Jawa's. Then a GSR, a GS1150, our GS1100 then a Tenere and as last my KTM. We had done it ! We had conquered Mother Nature in her own game, so to speak. This was an amazing experience, thrilling and mindblowing ! I haven't described the scenery this was in too... whilst they were making a path and then bringing the bikes back and forth, the river was eating the landscape away. Every minute you could hear another tree falling into the water, his roots snapping like thunder in the sky. The rocks that you could hear rolling over eachother in the river. It was magic, it was frightning, it was why we set out on our bikes ! Whilst we were packing the bikes again with our luggage, the Garde de Montagne arrived again and they were very surprised by what we had done. There was one cop that could speak English and he wished us the very best and a safe trip up the Alpina. Sepappe and I had to get going now because time was ticking away and we still had much riding to do. The Upper-Alpina smiled at us and we even had some sun, unfortunately it did not last. While getting to the top of the Alpina fog came up and then the rain came again. It was a very humbeling experience. I could not see Sepappe or his taillight even though I was only 3m behind him. So we rode and rode and had no clue of the landscapes around us. They say the views are spectacular, but the only thing we could do was concentrate. Not to mind, the hardest part was over after the top of the Alpina. We even found some minor offroad parts and almost got down again without accidents. Sepappe is a huge fan of aviation and in a small town there was a rescue helicopter at work. Apparenly it was flying up and down the Alpina to pick up people that were stuck. The helicopter landed just in front of our noses and my goodness, a chopper makes wind! It blew me right of my KTM into the ground... After that last intermezzo we passed the last hairpins down into the vally below, and this wonderfull day ended. I thought we deserved some dry time in a hotel this night, so Sepappe picked out the most posh hotel he could find. Aaah a warm bed and tomorrow, dry clothes !
  6. Sjiriki

    My revalidation trip

    So, life treated me to a nice surpise on the 30th of May ; a broken wrist. And boy, I wish I could tell you a bloodstunning thrilling story about a bike that was flung away from underneath me at a speed of 80 miles an hour... but I kinda just dropped the bike on about 5 miles an hour and landed bad. My husband fell in front of me and I had two options, an emergency stop or run him over. Offcourse I chose the first option, daft cow I am, my front weel got lifted up sideways in a trench and then bam, ground hit me, or I hit the ground? Either way it hurt pretty bad. So they rushed me to the hospital, got into a stinky cast for about six weeks and then I got released the 13th of July. That monday they operated my wrist and removed the remaining osteopatic material, some metal pins to keep the pieces of bone together. I was rather disappointed because the wrist wasn't in that good condition, very sore and so very very f***kn weak... But I was determined, that stupid wrist had ruined a lot for my during those six weeks, there was the video for the Girls GS Trophy, Soulfuel, finishing the BTT and just various outrides with friends. So I wasn't going to reshedule my motorbike vacation, no way! In five days I trained the hell out of my body and soul, and on the 19th, the sunday, we left for Destination Unknown ! We didn't really had a clue how long I would be able to drive in a day, or that I was even going to be capable to drive.... But here is roughly the map of what we have ridden in 21 days 4350 miles. We arrived in the Ardennes, Belgium on sunday evening. There were a couple of friends doing an offroad trip through Belgium and they set up a campsite there were we could meet them. Amazing ! My first real biketrip in about 45 days, was so happy I could cry. Did about 155 miles that day and that was more than enough. Apparently I had lost an amazing amount of strenght in my hand, I couldn't operate the front brakes as it should have been, so I shifted gears more and found salvation in the backbrake. That evening we helped out a friend with a minor malfunction on his bike, good thing I have small hands, that way the sealing cap was mounted over the rearshaft faster than ever. Then a nice campfire and some beers and this little girl had no need of the sandman that night. Next day our direction was Germany, we didn't get very far. When we got back on the highway after a flat tyre repair my husband shouted in the intercom 'No!NO!NOOOOO! Not again! Bloody bike!!!' And I was like, 'U ok?' Which made him only more angry whilst shouting 'Again the stupid Hallsensor, nooooo!' I couldn't stop laughing actually, because it was the fourth broken Hallsensor this year, his red one, my yellow one and our green one. So yet again the red bike had eaten his Hallsensor. Heaven propably was feeling sorry for us, because strangely the Tomato (the red R1100GS) made it untill the parking of a campsite before dying completely with a loud last backfire. So we did what had to be done, first fetch a beer! And then set up the campsite and then my husband got the Hallsensor out of the bike and I did some phonecalls and a shoutout on the internet for whom might be able to help us. Amazingly, in the land of BMW, there are no Hallsensors to be found in the garages... much be a policy that you don't have to drive them old bikes no more. Luckily a Facebookfriend of mine, Dirk, gave us a call with an invitation AND a new Hallsensor. The only problem was that we had to get to Nurnberg. Bart, my husband, had the crazy idea, he once read on the internet that the Hallsensors get damaged because of the poor electric wires, and that they make short circuit. So ducktape was the answer, as always, if not WD40... The next morning he taped the wires individually, mounted the Hallsensor again and yeah, the bike started.... We got to Nurnberg quite fast, but still had a day to kill before we could get to Dirk. So we had to do something what we otherwise never do... tourist things. Nurnberg is quite famous for the little moustache man and it was really interesting to see. The day passed real soon and on thursday we got to Dirk, he gave us food and the men repaired the Hallsensor. Jippie, the start of our trip. But Dirk wouldn't take no money, no, no, we had to accompagny him to the annual EnduroBoxerMeeting in Sweinfurth. We told him I couldn't ride enduro with my wrist but no argumentation was accepted, we had to go. So on friday we left for the EnduroBoxerMeeting and man ! Am I happy that I was part of it. I had never ridded my R1100GS on such an inspiring and intimidating racetrack. I even jumped with him and it felt soooo good. I had to pay of the debt of happiness in the night with a sore wrist, but it was worth it. What an amazing bunch of people I have met overthere. Offcours Bart had to crash his newly mended Tomato... the crashbar had crushed his cylinderhead, but good thing he is an inventive person with many tools and he was able to mend it with metalpaste. The world is filled with good people, this is something I should take in mind when I'm doubting again. We stayed at the meeting till sundayevening and then got to the border with Tsjechia. There is an amazing old village it is called Cesky KrumlovOld Český Krumlov is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and was given this status along with the historic Prague castle district. From Tjechia to Slovakia to Hungary to Slovenia. Nothing very very special happened there because I could only ride onroad, but hey, I was at least riding. It is funny how beautifull roads don't impress you that much anymore when you have gotted the taste of adventure riding. I rather do 50 miles on a day with mud and falling down and sweating and cursing my ass off, than riding 250 miles from place to place and haven't felt the country. But sometimes in life you can't choose and I admit, sometimes I was really amazed by the sights. In Slovenia we decided, or more, I decided that I had had enough of being prudent. I wanted my vacation that I had earned, that was around the 5th of august. So Bart took some more slower but amazing roads and I had the time of our life then. Slovenia had many national parks with smooth gravel roads, ideal for training again and getting confident. After Slovenia, we decided to go to the Alps. We knew there are brilliant, not too hard, offroad mountain paths in them that would be great to end our trip with before turning back to Belgium. We had the obligatoir stop at Lake Garda to cool us down, in Italy the temperatures went up to 113 Fahrenheit. And then in Susa I got my rewards, the endless roads in the mountains that move your soul. We only took three days in the Alps because Bart didn't want to find out when I would run out of luck with my wrist. I had dropped the bike at some times because I just couldn't keep it on two wheels anymore because of the pain. The most beautifull was the Col du Sommeilier. They say it is the highest legal offroadroad (3332 m) in Europe and is on the border with France and Italy. The route back to Belgium was easy. We went through Swiss and then the Vosges in France, very beautifull but more flat and monotunous. By accident we passed the Birth House of Jeanne D'Arc, which was pretty cool. And yet again we notice that we crave the itch for more adventure. It is a virus I tell you, XLADV... Wish you all the best !!!
  7. Ooooh ! You guys make me drool. That's it, I'm moving to the states !
  8. Survived my first sandriding yesterday ! Awesome !

    1. Eric Hall

      Eric Hall

      pics or it didn't happen :)

  9. Sjiriki

    Show off your big... Bikes, ladies !

    Guess I was wrong about the Heidi's, they can handle their share of big sludgy mud too. You just have to let the bike slip and slide his own way and keep the throttle at a constant. This 1100 never stops amazing me.
  10. Jippie Altes Elefanten report online

  11. Sjiriki

    Altes Elefanten 2015

    So we went to Solla earlier this year, and me and my husband had the idea of going to Altes Elefanten also. Altes Elefanten is a rally in Germany at the most famous racetrack ; the Nurburgring. In 1957 Ernst Leverkus organized the first Elefanten rally also at the Nurburgring. There were a lot of chenanigans going on in the later years of the rally and after a huge fight the Elefantenrally was forbidden at the Nurburgring and had to move. The Rally eventually a home in Solla, near Tchechia and Austria. In the '90 there was a group that wanted to bring back the Elefanten to the Nurburgring and they organised Altes Elefanten. Altes meaning the Old Elefantenrally. I have to say that I prefer the Elefantenrally in Solla because the Scenery and the wilderness is much more epic. The Altes Elefanten was at the Camping on the Nurburgring... that kinda ruined my mood when we got there. But after all, the rally was a great succes. We left thursdaymorning and the Nurburgring is only 400 km from our home. This was going to be my first trip with my Hyperion and I might have been a little excited to go. I underestimated the weight of filled panniers and the first few km's were an adjustment to ride, but after some 150km it didn't bother me anymore. We took mostly highway, only the last 100 km in Germany were smaller roads. What surprised me the most was that once we had crossed the border with Germany, it was like riding in a fridge. Temperatures had certainly dropped 10 degrees Celcius, leaving me chilled. When we arrived it must have been around 2°C. At a gasstation we met two lost French Bikers and they hooked up with us. They were Calou and Winny, two of the most magnifent French people I will ever get to know. They followed us and stuck with us the whole weekend. We had a blast. When we arrived, sun was going down and we still had to set up the camp. After getting the tents and shelter up, we made some dinner and had "some" drinks with people around the camping. Let's say some of us had to be driven back to tent... It started snowing again that night, I like the sound of the snowflakes on the tent, so soothing. Day two (friday) started with a breakfast and laughter, then we took a stroll around the camping for sightseeing and saw the most amazing competition. There was a speedometer on an icy hill, and a toiletseat. Goal? Reach the top as fast as you can and win eternal glory on the score-toiletseat... loonies ! We saw the most amazing variaty of bikes coming to this winterrally, sportsbikes, nakedbikes, enduro, allroad but most sidecar and GS was most frequent. In the afternoon I was photographing an icy elefant toy on a bike, when the owner of the bike approached and introduced himself as Marko. Marko was also a French rider and a very sweet man, he has done most of the winterrallies in Europe. He said I was crazy for bringing such a huge Elefanttoy with me on Hyperion and not bringing extra clothing... I was freezing my ass of that time so after that my husbands hangover was mostly gone, we went to buy to firewoord to start a campfire. When the RT-sidecar, which Jeku made himself, got to the top of the camping, we loaded him up with 50kgs of wood and were able to make a cosy campfire. No need to tell what stories came up in the evening... This is a Green Elefant that we spotted at the gathering. At saturday we bought a breakfast to get the chill out of our bones and then started the day with some hot wine from our fellow French friends. There are some games to play on saturday, a torchride, a calling for the deceased and then some fireworks. We never made it to the calling and only heard some firework in the distance. We found a fellow Belgian guy that had stranded alone at the entrance, he stuck with us also and we made sure his cup and stomach were always full. The fella didn't really prepare his trip to an icy place. No problem, that is what bikerfriends are for. It snowed the whole saterday leaving us all covered in a white blanket. I can't really describe the feeling you get at this winterrally. It's belonging together, even if you don't know eachother. We made fun and laughed the whole evening, knowing it could take years before we meet again, or maybe never. Our tent was soaking wet this night, the sleepingbags are dripping and our thermarests frozen, time to go home. Sunday was departure, back to Belgium. While I'm busy packing my stuff, Marko comes up to greet me. He's got that tiny Elefant with him, he quickly attached it to my steer quoting, you are the new generation young lady, keep this tradition alive. So Marko's Elefant is riding day in, day out with me and Hyperion now. The picture I took when meeting Marko. More pictures in the album that I uploaded : Enjoy ! http://xladv.com/gallery/album/40-altes-elefanten-2015/
  12. Sjiriki

    Altes Elefanten 2015

    Pictures of our trip to Altes Elefanten 2015
  13. Sjiriki

    KTM 1050 Testriding

    I'm getting the 1050 for a week in April for testriding ! Whoooow, so excited. I have to get some awesome pictures while testing it during that week plus make a report on this. Are there somethings that YOU want to know about this new critter of the KTM Adventure-family? Maybe I can figure a way to get an answer and enjoy myself on this awesome looking bike!