2010 KTM 990

On 4/8/2017 at 8:01 PM, 556baller said:

Man, that is awesome purchase. How do you like it compared to your other bike? Is that your Super T in the background? 

So far I can only comment on how it was during the 75 mile I-15 ride home. It is not as graceful or confident at 85 MPH as the Tenere. But that is not what I bought it for. It seems to have a fueling/timing issue. It falls on its face for a half second when accelerating from a dead stop. It feels like the 640ADV when riding it. Man, this thing is slim and small compared to the GS Adventure or the Tenere... which is why I bought it. This is the "BIG BIKE" that I always wanted and am hoping it makes me a better rider.

I need to get the suspension sorted and the fueling remapped. Then to test it as HIGH SIERRA!

• Like 2

• Administrators

SuperPlush is pretty good from what I've heard.  That great white desert rat guy out of Utah runs SuperPlush.  I have to say that I'm loyal to Konflict though.  Alex is a really great guy and he happens to be very good at these big bike suspension set ups.  He also is active in the racing community.  When I got the project bike two years ago I had a guy with a fairly well known suspension shop offer me a 100% free suspension job but I went with Alex because I know him and he sponsored my AZBDR ride for Lost for a Reason.  That was close to $1,000 out of my pocket but I thought it was worth it. Alex typically sends you a plastic case you pop your forks and rear spring in and send them back to him.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...