Continental Divide Ride 2017

SO I heard summer is the best time for this as it is about as tolerable for beginners as can be. I want to take a couple of new riders as well as do the ride myself.

Looking for any pointers, tips, or possible ways to stay on the dirt as much as possible.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

We're doing this from North to South the last 2 weeks in July.  We'll be running pretty light, 3x990's, 1x1190, & 1xHonda AT.  We'll be carrying our camping stuff, camping most of the way, grabbing a room when we get too rank etc.

I have a few sets of gpx files from various spots around the interwebs and other forums.  

I'm generally a Klim Badlands setup, but given the heat and majority of this is offroad I'm thinking my Leatt Airfit and a jersey will be the plan.  The Badlands does not pack down at all, so I'm thinking of a packable rain jacket like the Scott Ergonomic DP Rain Jacket.  My only concern is the 3000km blast back home will be mainly on pavement and I would prefer more abrasion resistance.

Given that the CDR will be a decent paced affair, I could just stick with the Klim and it does move enough air as long as I stay moving.

• 4 weeks later...