Mexico nearly got to us!

We are sort of on a long term round the world trip since 2010. Not to document the entire trip which will take forever I think it is nicer to add short reports per country or sections. It makes for nicer bits. 

We ended up in Mexico for just over 7,5 months. Mexico truly rates as one of the best countries we have visited and were privilege to experience. Absolutely zero happened, we had no incidents or bribe request. Not once were we screwed over by anyone. Mexicans are such easy going friendly people. Girls never gave me a days' shit for taking photos of them, even when I did not ask them. We could not keep count of the times we had invites for drinks and food from locals. Their culture the colours, landscapes, nature, art, history and warm heartedness is truly special and something to experience. 

i-v4VDJZR-XL.jpg

i-zXbWTBL-XL.jpg

i-G9sR7nQ-XL.jpg

I think we rode close to 10000km in Mexico from Baja through the Copper Canyon and everywhere else in that country. From places people told us not to go to tits up tourist places. The one thing that struck us big time is the fear mongering we got from folke in the USA. It is absolutely not even remotely as dire and dangerous as people makes it out to be. Ye..ye.. you have to keep your eyes open everywhere in the world. 

i-CDJxHnD-XL.jpg

For Americans in my very humble opinion. You could not have asked for nicer neighbors than the Mexicans. They are real authentic, life wire, fire in the belly type people. Life in Mexico are still real and if you want to know what the world is like unsanitized and gritty and have a prickling adventure get your ass to Mexico! 

Have a bike and want to at least not look like a Starbucks runner? I think every American adventure rider owe it to him or her self to at least once in their life do a trip to Mexico and get drunk on proper Tequila. 

i-rdfgQSG-XL.jpg

For people thats not so sure maybe try to go with people that knows Mexico and can speak Spanish. Hank from www.motohank.com do trips into Mexico with small groups and very personal type of setup. He is also from Mexican descent and can speak the language and knows Mexico like the back of his hand. Other well know guy that can do offroad trips is J.J. Lewis from https://good-adv.com/ his outfit does trips to the Copper Canyon which is mind blowing stuff and he is fluent in Spanish. 

i-HFC2hMh-XL.jpg

There are so much stuff to see and experience in Mexico they truly have a bit of everything. You just cant get bored travelling there. 

i-57S3Gv4-XL.jpg

i-hwZZN2m-XL.jpg

Camping at volcano Toluca above 4000m above the clouds.

i-xvxDJXz-XL.jpg

i-5z7n4hh-X2.jpg

Beautiful city of Taxo. 

i-LX5bHSw-XL.jpg

Having your cake and eat it. That's the variety of roads to ride in Mexico. Dirt or asphalt and not just boring highway stuff. If you are bored on roads in Mexico it is your own fault. And for twisties and mind numbing fun I am close to convinced it beats the Eu and many other famous places in the world.

I think we got onto a road that's even better than the Devil's Backbone in Durango and the Tail of the Dragon in the USA. 170km of twisties dropping from 2000m to sea level. Even on a loaded overland bike it's fun! And then to top it all, end the day on the beach with a stunning sunset.

i-BrZCc4z-XL.jpg

i-bwjTLDL-XL.jpg

i-bqN7RbB-XL.jpg

i-S5xxjM6-XL.jpg

i-KNrMkNb-XL.jpg

i-QTSFzJg-XL.jpg

i-nhkJXbj-XL.jpg

• Like 2