BITD Vegas to Reno '17

Was a bad week for progress as I have much more work than Eric yet to do. Spent most all week in Casper, Wyoming for work, but came home to a questioning look from the wife , a big box of parts and hopes of hours in the garage.

Laced up new rear wheel today, hopefully get her true tonight or tomorrow.
20170526_192134.jpg20170526_192103.jpg

NavyNuke - how's the progress?   Who did you eventually send the suspension too?  You ever look into the Borynack settings?  He has a few of stacks for front and rear that would work for you.   If your comfortable with suspension work.  Suspension work is like carbs...its black magic and voodoo to most, then you open a few up and wonder what the big deal was.  

Ive got an XRR as well so this is peaking my interest.  What are you doing for lights?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, 556baller said:

The thing with suspension is, you don't even know what you don't know. I think it's probably the most complicated thing I have ever seen. 

But once you get a taste....you realize every stock bike rides pretty rough   

Pretty well know the XRR suspension stock is ok for a stock bike, but with some minor changes can be one of the best desert bikes out there.  If you're racing you might as well make in enjoyable and get the bike as plush and smooth as possible.  500+ miles of bone jarring under sprung/bad valved suspension can get old real quick....and possibly dangerous.  

If your not going fast or jumping far, stock stuff is probably workable, with some clicker tuning and springs...that's if your forks actually adjust with clickers...4CS doesn't do much of anything very well, including adjusting.  

• Like 1

I did not get anything done on the shock. Was in Wyoming all last week for work and hopefully Wednesday I can deal with the shock.

I have used Boynarks work on an XRR before with decent success. My spring rates are based on his numbers, however his website is gone currently and I didn't save the excel data for shim stacks. May adjust valves in the forks later myself. For now new wear bushings, seals, oil, and springs is it.

Rear shock on the other hand needs a full rebuild after 16 years and probably has wear issues that I would rather leave to a pro.

20170527_201116.jpg

• Like 1

• Administrators

990 update...GSGIANTS-4310 copy.jpg

I'm working with a sponsor on getting some tshirts made that we can sell to raise funds. This would be funds for you as well, NavyNuke. Tshirts would be $50.

We also have some really cool pit crew shirts but those are substantially more, could be like $200 but obviously funds go to the team effort.

Here's a sample of a pit crew shirt:

IMG_0640.thumb.JPG.edb52f473d7f6faf58acfdca0d7638e2.JPG

Sponsor logos would be allocated based on the contribution level with emphasis on Fasstco, Seat Concepts, Rottweiler, Konflict, Mojave ADV, etc...

Also an update on equipment. I should get the clamps/damper from Emig next week and then bars/pegs/guards from Fasstco shortly after. I'll send out my suspension in like two weeks.

• Like 1

• Administrators
On 5/1/2017 at 9:10 PM, HeavyHustler said:

Great kit that Leatt 

well...  may not get that after all.  Big "budget cuts" and all so I may look to Fox or someone else.

Leatt makes great stuff and they've been very supportive in the past but I needs me some fresh duds! ;) 

56 minutes ago, Eric Hall said:

Im still going to wear their neck brace.  I'll tag them on IG too.  I'd wear their Enduro jacket but with the armor underneath, it's a bit tight unless I can lose those 10-12 more lbs ;)

Yeah it definitely is a lil tighter.  I bought my jacket to specifically fit over my armour.  Losing 10-20lbs would help too.  lol

• Like 1

• Administrators

T-shirt draft concept here from @ADV Addicts.  He's done pit crew shirts for real Dakar teams and he's ADV Addicts so he kind of knows how to do this.  I'll boost sales of the shirts on our IG story board as well as push some ads ($$) via Facebook and Instagram.

Deep Heather.jpg

This would be the fan shirt we'd use to raise funds.  The pit crew shirt draft concept (not final; still missing a few things) is this:

Screen Shot 2017-06-01 at 11.29.13 AM.png

Now the pit crew shirts are NOT cheap.  We're likely only going to make 5-6 of them.  First I need to ID exactly who our pit crew is.  Sounds like it's @556baller and @AdvRob right now (unless I missed someone?).  I'm sure we get a few sales of the pit crew shirt elsewhere like from @beemer bunny but need to gauge interest now or else they're not worth printing.  Don't want to lose money on what's supposed to raise money.

• Like 2

I would like to be in the Pit, but since I don't know crap about KTM and probably don't need an IT guy, someone smarter should be there.  =)
I could outfit your bike with a WiFi hotspot!  
I'm in for a TeeShirt

More about gas, basic checks(tire/oil level) fresh goggles and water+snacks. Then driving to next pit to stay ahead of racers
  • Like 1

Been a productive morning after working 57 hours in 3 days.

Swing arm is fully torn down, 3 holes retapped and new pivot bearings in. Off to a few hours of work plus house warming party prep.

Also my wonderful wife surprised me with paid entry for my birthday!!!!

1496424807351.jpeg1496424860628.jpeg

• Like 2

• Administrators

Im down 10lbs.  Eating clean (for the most part) and working out.  Just have to keep the alcohol low and I'll be another 10 lbs lighter by Aug 18.

Took my panniers off and those alone were 20 lbs.  The pannier racks and rear rack are next.  Maybe the passenger pegs.

Have to see about the center stand though.  I kind of like it and not sure if it would then leave my side stand relocator deal from Black Dog unsecured.  Might need a spacer or something.  Maybe not worth it?

Would like to take the ABS pump off but need to consult @556baller on that.  I may also lose a front rotor but that means new brake lines.  Have to give Galfer a ring ;)