BITD Vegas to Reno '17

• Administrators

I mentioned in the Baja Rally thread:

So why not do both?  Well budget mostly but also there's a decent chance I'd need significant repairs after V2R and would have to do that in time.  Plus, I need to train for just one.  I don't have the deep well of racing experience it would take to do both essentially back to back.

Wow,

You kids and your new-fangled boots. These things were good enough for Roger DeCoster, Tony DiStefano and Bob Hannah back in the day. Still being used by the likes of "Feets" Minert, Jody Wiesel and others. No longer being made, mine are 2012 models with about 30,000 US miles.

Probably go with Sidi or Gaerne when they finally give up the ghost, but that will be a sad day for me. I, like Jody have broken my ankles many times necessitating a boot with abundant free-moving ankles and the good old Super Victories fit the bill nicely. I've got other Moto boots but none that I will willingly wear out into the middle of the desert like my Hi-Points, I've hiked for MILES in these and they are so sprung and broken down they don't feel much different than sneakers with the exception of the weight and the soles. And their propensity for leaving nice deep scratches in my gas tank's finish.

But enough of that. 

Eric what is the deal with t-shirts?  Get me a 2XL and a couple of reflective stickers to help fund the effort. Can't quite afford a pit shirt what with my personal finances at an all-time low but I'm definitely in for at least 50.00 right away.

IMG_0558.JPG

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Flappy613 said:

Wow,

You kids and your new-fangled boots. These things were good enough for Roger DeCoster, Tony DiStefano and Bob Hannah back in the day. Still being used by the likes of "Feets" Minert, Jody Wiesel and others. No longer being made, mine are 2012 models with about 30,000 US miles.

Probably go with Sidi or Gaerne when they finally give up the ghost, but that will be a sad day for me. I, like Jody have broken my ankles many times necessitating a boot with abundant free-moving ankles and the good old Super Victories fit the bill nicely. I've got other Moto boots but none that I will willingly wear out into the middle of the desert like my Hi-Points, I've hiked for MILES in these and they are so sprung and broken down they don't feel much different than sneakers with the exception of the weight and the soles. And their propensity for leaving nice deep scratches in my gas tank's finish.

But enough of that. 

Eric what is the deal with t-shirts?  Get me a 2XL and a couple of reflective stickers to help fund the effort. Can't quite afford a pit shirt what with my personal finances at an all-time low but I'm definitely in for at least 50.00 right away.

IMG_0558.JPG

Yeah, a few of those guys did ok with those boots.  I only need the approval of one guy to put these into legendary status.  

image.jpeg

I'm way too far away to be in the pits but would absolutely love to be there.  Best of luck Eric and I'm following along.  Hopefully, I'll be able to start a thread for next years race with a video like you posted of the "If this ginger can do it..."  Mine will be "if that guy can do it..." ;-)

• Like 1

Update on hotels, race starts in Beatty about 2hrs from Vegas. Switched hotel to Best Western in Pahrump(70 miles from Beatty) and on the wait list for 2 places in Beatty.

So I have 2 rooms with 2 queen beds in each we can share the night prior to race. Anyone helping pit is welcome