BITD Vegas to Reno '17

• Administrators

What a difference a day makes!

On the sponsor front we've had quite a few indicate they'd like to be a part of this project, which I sincerely appreciate.  You should also consider that when it comes time to buy your next farkle... who really supports the riding community.

I will edit the first post in this thread to include the sponsors we're getting but I'll list them here too.  I also want to do a FB event page (as much as I hate FB) because it's another way to give sponsors some more reach and impressions for the sacrifice they're making.  There are no contracts here and details aren't fully decided on yet but the following companies have agreed to help out with either gear, service, advice, cash or all of the above:

Pacific Powersports (Motoz US distributor; tires)

Wolfman Luggage (current bike sponsor; will discuss at Overland Expo next week how they can help)

Redverz (with us in spirit and providing advice which I really value give Kevin Muggleton's 2 time Dakar showing)

AltRider (gave us their dual brake control lever and RotoPax; providing advice as Jeremy LeBreton has raced a few of these)

Seat Concepts (gave us their seat; providing cash support & social media exposure)

Konflict Suspension (Alex will be helping with a refresh and tuning of my existing suspension for the event and has a ton of experience with big bike racing)

ADV Addicts (current project bike sponsor; working on some ideas right now)

Fasst Company (Flexx bars, pegs)

We had another great tire maker reach out but I'd already accepted Motoz's offer so they didn't see the value but I'm grateful for their support still!

We may also do a new set of racing graphics which would be really cool.  

• Like 2

• Administrators

Picked up three more sponsors today!

@TRAILJAMMER is providing his 990 clutch cover

Sena is providing product support.  This will be cool because I'd like to get the entire thing recorded from my perspective.  I may get their new 10C Evo which has 4k video.

Rottweiler Performance, who has already done SO much for this project bike, is in with a cash donation.

• Like 2

• Administrators

Just heard back from Emig Racing and they're going to give us a smokin' deal on their triple clamp/damper set.  Riding @556baller 's 990 with this set up makes it a no-brainer.  The increase in trail will help with the whoops and various terrain challenges and the damper just takes so much effort out of the deep sand.  When you're on the bike for 14 hours a damper makes a lot of sense and the one from Emig is custom designed for the heavier weight of the 990 vs a standard dirt bike damper applied to this bike.

2410126_orig.jpg

I'll have to pick up a set of Jeff Emig's grips now!

EMIG_GRIPS_PAIR_HIRES.jpg

• Like 2

• Administrators

Your's felt a bit short but I had a conversation w/Cole Townsend of Fasstco about where I'm at now, the Emig rise options (2.7", 3.25") and his Flexx Bar options and was advised to get the 2.7" rise and then the difference being made up with Fasstco's 12 degree adventure bar.  And I am going with the 20mm off set.