May 7th Dual Sport/ADV ride in Western MD

The Western Maryland Motorcycle Association is putting on an Adventure and Dual Sport ride this Sunday out in Green Ridge State Forest. Late notice but I just found out about it this week.

I have not rode this event before but I assume they will have separate routes for dual sports and adventure bikes that you can choose from. There is a video on their website, https://www.stonealley.com/program/WMMA/group/GreenRidge, of someone riding the ADV route last year. Myself and a few buddies are planning on riding our big bikes, probably on the DS loop. Looks like there will be both 100 mile and 50 mile loop options, the event only costs $40 to enter, and (according to their site) doesn't require AMA membership. Hope to see some other big bikes out!

14 hours ago, 556baller said:

Looks like a good time, I've never been out to those parts to ride. What time of the year is good?

I would say early fall is the ideal time for the Appalachians, but from spring to early winter is normally pretty good. Our summers aren't as hot as out west but they are humid and we don't have enough elevation change to escape it completely.

• Like 1