AgoraPulse

• Administrators

Here's a new site brought to my attention: AgoraPulse

They aren't a new Instagress but they do have a cool social media management functionality.

You can monitor your social media feeds across Facebook, Instagram, G+, Twitter, Pinterest, etc... 

Screen Shot 2017-05-08 at 1.26.22 PM.png

I'm still getting a feel for it but am focussing right now on their Instagram and Facebook parts.  For Instagram, I like that it shows me our top "fans" because it's let me reach out to these people and thank them and invite them to join the forum.  It also has some cool reporting that Instagram really doesn't show you like the rate at which you're gaining followers by day, top hashtags, etc...  You can monitor hashtags which I do for #xladv and it shows you that volume by day.  It will also show you your top "ambassadors" which differs from followers in that they're the ones tagging you the most.  It also lets you see all your comments which are kind of hard to track via the Instagram app because you have to click on each photo and you'll miss if someone comments on an older photo.  AgoraPulse will allow you to schedule posts to IG but you have to use their app & what it does is give you a push notification when it's time to post that and then you hit okay and it will post.  Many would like to schedule and forget but IG has that requirement and there's not getting around it.

Another cool feature is that I can "flag" users.  To grow our community I've recently been focussing almost solely on those who are actually active on the forum and I want to keep track of all of them on our Instagram so I "flag" them."  Then when I go to repost something, I know right where to look and don't have to search my brain every time wondering "okay now who's an active forum user again?"

Their Facebook features are cool too and I've learned a few new things I didn't know about our Facebook feed.  I learned we have 263k impressions over the last month; 173k were organic and 90k were viral.  For whatever reason, I was stuck on reach and thought (mistakenly) that it was only 50k/month.