GeoMoto

How do I add a photo to a review?

Question

I am writing a review on a product and I am unable to add photos in between my text. I have uploaded photos to the edit page and they are visable on the bottom of the page, however I am not able to add them to the description section. I have also tried "Insert image from URL" and I am able to paste the URL, however when I hit the "Insert into post" button, nothing happens.

What am I missing?

Thanks,

Jesse

10 answers to this question

Pls link me to the page for the product you are reviewing.

So, you're trying to add a product into the system that doesn't exist?

Yes, I am adding a new product and I can add text, and I can add product images to the bottom of the product details page, however it wont let me insert them into the text box.  I would like to insert photos into the text.

I have also tried "insert other media" on the bottom left and it allows me to paste a link, however it does not add the photo.

The images load to a photo showcase at the top of the page that will also load into a lightbox so the user and page though them w/o having to click them one at a time. It was purposefully designed to not put the images in the description box.

lightbox.JPG

If you can look at the review that I did on the AltRider soft luggage, you can see that I inserted photos into the written review. That is what I am trying to do in addition to the photos listed in lightbox.

Ok, you're talking about putting images in the body of your review AFTER the product has been put in the system. That's easy... Click on any of the photos that you've already upload to the product profile, right click, grab the image URL, and paste it where you want it in the body of your review. 

2 minutes ago, Bryan Bosch said:

Ok, you're talking about putting images in the body of your review AFTER the product has been put in the system. That's easy... Click on any of the photos that you've already upload to the product profile, right click, grab the image URL, and paste it where you want it in the body of your review. 

Ok. I will try that when I get back to the office

Most review systems, such as cnet, amazon, etc... don't allow images in line with the text because if there are a lot of reviews, it makes the page very, very long. 70% of our traffic is on mobile, so with a lot of images, it can make for tons of scrolling. So, we didn't build in in-line image functionality, even if possible.