Hello from Alaska and wherever else I end up.

Not exactly new in the sense of joined date, I've just finally gotten myself in here to update my Cover Photo, Profile Picture and such.  Let me know what you think.  Plenty more pictures on my Instagram @polarnomad and on Facebook: Josh Rallo.  Follow along if you like.  Plus, I never did stop by here to drop a hello to everyone. 

Upcoming trips are from Alaska to Key West, FL in June.  My bike will be left with a friend and I'll return in July to pick up where I left off and take the TAT across the country to the Oregon coast then work over to the Idaho Backcountry Discovery Route and not sure what else I'll have time for in my trip.

Safe travels everyone.  Ready, set, ride!

IMG_4979.JPG

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 556baller said:

Sounds like some good riding, nice AT.

Thanks.  It's been farkled a little since that picture with me slowly building her up for the miles soon to come.  Black Dog skid, lower engine bars, pillion seat plate, and risers, Jesse Luggage racks because I like their racks despite me only using soft luggage.  Touratech windshield, folding mirrors, and locking mount for the Garmin Zumo 595.  I'm currently on a work rotation but over my next two weeks off, the first thing I need to do is it's first service and I'm putting a tkc80 front and Heideneau rear since I'm going to be slabbing about 7,000 miles in June with only a little off road time each day for a dirt fix. 

I'm still waiting on some other stuff as well.  Likely going to run Mosko bags on the rear.   

• Like 2

19 hours ago, PeteMoto said:

You'll be running a lot of fuel from unknown service stations etc. Since your AT is injected , might want to get a good prefilter sock as an extra layer of protection. The good ones go down to quite fine dimensions, 10 microns maybe. Safe travels!

Good call.  I've only got a couple more little items to buy before being completely set for the next 10k miles or so.  I just snagged some handguards that are worthy of the name, Barkbusters. 

• Like 2

I love the bike so far.  In a week I'm taking it on a trip around Alaska to my favorite spots and will have a much better idea on it.  So far the way I've explained the AT is that it's the happy medium I've been wanting between my R1200GSA and my F800GS.  I loved the 800 but the lack of performance from the 800 just left me wanting more grunt. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

@MtnRider I recognized your name and guessed you were one and the same.  Glad to have a bit more of a connection now.  I don't chat much on IG when I get messages there. 

The Adventure motorcycle world is very much a small little piece of the motorcycle world.  It's crazy how small it is.  Thanks for the follow and hope I'm entertaining.  haha

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, 556baller said:

You need a Timber Sled conversion for your AT. I saw one for the KTM 950SE, that would be awesome. Adventure Timber Sledding will be the new thing...

hahaha!  That would be absolutely nuts!  I don't know about that kit for my AT but I'm looking to pick up a KTM 500EXC and wouldn't mind a snowbike kit for that beast. 

• Like 1