3mm at 10k

Hey all,

The Holy Grail of my search for a durable 50/50 tire is over!  As of my early May outing of the 10th my Tractionator GPS's have TEN THOUSAND US miles on them!  I love these tires!  Even with only 3mm on the center section they got good hook up in several sections of 1/4" pea gravel drifts which I found myself in. I will need to replace them soon but the only negative at this point is the step-off when crornering on pavement. 

Otherwise these things have been a rock and I will definitely be re-purchasing. Hopefully the contact info. I gave my dealer will bear fruit and I can order them directly but if not I will have them shipped 'round the horn if necessary, they are that good. Thanks again, Eric!

IMG_0478.JPG

IMG_0481.JPG

• Like 1

Eric,

Haven't tried the Mitas yet, nor the Conti but 2 sets each of Karoo3 and K60 Scouts. The Karoos were absolutely a blast in softer stuff but wore like dirt bike tires- gone in two thousand miles. The Heidies are what my local Triumph dealer sells and I managed to get used to their greasy and evil feeling in exchange for the 5000 miles I could get out of a set.

Now that I've managed 10k out of these I'm curious to talk to my dealer and see if they've acted on the contact info. I gave them that I got from Motoz. Hopefully as I said they can establish a nice retail relationship and I can continue to get their tires only with the added benefit of my dealer being able to source them so as to provide any actual warranty service.

Either way, I'm a convert for life as 10k out of a heavy ADV tire is damned remarkable.  I might actually try them in the 70/30 rather than 50/50 position but darn it's nice to just be able to take off anywhere within a few hundred miles and not have to worry about tires.

• Like 1