Facebook

• Administrators

So we have a thread about Instagram so why not one about Facebook?

I've written before about how I feel about Facebook.  This piece I saw today continues on this track.

_96194555_3c7a28f4-bf98-4df5-96ea-476616

Quotes:

• "All of us, when we are uploading something, when we are tagging people, when we are commenting, we are basically working for Facebook."
  • "The data will remain in the hands of one company. Even if its current leaders are responsible and trustworthy, what about those in charge in 20 years?"
  • "Facebook, argues Dr Powles, "plays to our base psychological impulses" by valuing popularity above all else."
  • "What is most striking is the sense of resignation, the impotence of regulation, the lack of options, the public apathy," says Dr Powles. "What an extraordinary situation for an entity that has power over information - there is no greater power really."

But by all means feel free to post up your Facebook page here if you have one.  We have about 4500 followers at this point and about 270k reach/month.  As much as it annoys me, it's still a good way for us to communicate with the broader big bike world and get others to come check us out and learn about our events, reviews, etc...

• Like 4

I share your feelings towards facebook. I imagine that there is some way to use it more effectively, but I have a hard time efficiently navigating it to find things I'm actually interested in. I mostly find it useful to archive photos and contact people when I inevitably break my phone.

• Like 1