Motopreneur

Symmetrical R1150GS luggage rack

3 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I recently bought some old aluminium flightcases from Dutch airline KLM, which I would like to mount as panniers on my R1150GSA for longer trips. However, I would need a symmetrical rack and since most are wider on the left side because of the exhaust I haven't found any yet (that or it's just unclear based on limit info and photo's online).

So the question, does anyone know of a symmetrical pannierrack, preferable as simple as possible (e.g. no monokey systems and the likes)?

I found the Kappa KL189 but can't make out if they are symmetrical or not. Any thoughts?

Cheers,

Martijn

1 person likes this

You should check out Happy-Trails. Do you have low pipe, or the high exhaust pipe? 

I'm running a set of there racks, and panniers on my KTM 990. The racks have held up really well, and the attachment system is really simple. 

Good Luck.

1 person likes this

Thanks 556baller. I have the normal exhaust position (so high I guess?) and really don't want to change that. I had a look at the Happy Trails website, but it seems they also have a different rack on the left than on the right. I would like a flat mountingpoint on the left and an equally spaced rack on the right. I'll fill up this space with a rotopax or similar.

By the way, these are the mentioned flight cases.

IMG_20170313_132823_913.thumb.jpg.0d0c7ce439cd5bd188c793a38efe9687.jpg