GripTwister Tours

• Administrators

P1020017_ME.jpg

Baja is truly a magical riding experience.  I can no longer count how many times I've ridden there on a motorcycle now (maybe 30+).  But I recently forgot who it was who it was who introduced me to Baja: GripTwister Tours.  Check them out if you've ever considered riding Baja.

Here's how they explain the tour I did on their website:  

You've always wanted to ride Baja, but weren't sure about the roads or what route to take, where services were and weren't available, or perhaps had just a little apprehension about riding in a foreign country for the first time. Well, this one's just for you. It's chock full of useful info for the Baja motorcycle traveler and loaded with great routes that vary from way popular to way off the beaten path-- and off the maps!

Our 2nd self-guided tour offering is in the same format and with the same features that you've come to admire and expect in our original Olympic Peninsula version... camping and lodging waypoints, information and ratings; points of interest revealing hidden/overlooked/interesting locations; fuel locations (incl. remote emergency locations); scenic, interesting or just plain adventurously fun to ride side routes; and food/water/supply points. And all of it is entirely geared toward the dual sport adventure rider.

Most of the routes are suitable for an experienced rider on a big bike, but as usual, we have detours and alternate routes for the rough sections or those stretches that are just plain unsuitable for the biggest bikes.

• Like 2