The new 2018 GS and GSA

bmw-gs-adventure-rallye-4805-default-lar

P90268525-bmw-r-1200-gs-adventure-style-

BMW’s flagship machine gets a facelift. Dynamic Pro mode and revised Dynamic ESA included
BMW Motorrad announced several updates for its line-up. The revised R1200GS will receive a full TFT dashboard and a Rallye pack which includes a BMW-Motorsport inspired color theme, rallye seat and an enduro-special short wind-screen. Moreover, besides the Enduro Pro riding mode, the new Adventure will feature a Dynamic Pro Riding mode.

bmw-new-dash-3851-default-large.jpeg

The 6.5 inch full color TFT Display will be accessed through the handlebar controller and can be connected to your smartphone providing navigation. The new Connectivity option will be launched in autumn 2017 on the R 1200 GS and R 1200 GS Adventure. Further models will follow.

bmw-connectivity-8585-default-large.jpeg

bmw-conectivity-6501-default-large.jpeg

bmw-connectivity-navigation-8838-default

The updated models will be presented this weekend at BMW Motorrad Days in Garmisch Partenkirschen. 
An overview of the new features of the R 1200 GS Adventure:
• Emergency Call (optional equipment).
• Connectivity (optional equipment).
• Pro riding modes with additional “Dynamic” and “Enduro” riding modes. Using a coding plug, the “Dynamic” mode is changed to “Dynamic Pro” and the “Enduro” mode to “Enduro Pro” mode. The Pro riding mode continues to feature ABS Pro, dynamic brake light, Dynamic Traction Control DTC as well as Hill Start Control HSC (optional equipment).
• Dynamic ESA next generation with automatic damping adjustment and automatic self-levelling function (optional equipment).
• Keyless Ride as a new component of the Touring Package (optional equipment).
• Shift Assistant Pro as a new component of the Dynamic Package (optional equipment).
• Passenger package with standard windshield and standard seat (optional equipment)
• High Rallye seat (optional equipment).
• LED auxiliary headlights in new design (optional equipment).
• New colour Racing red, black frame, black brake callipers, silver fuel tank.
• Style Rallye: new colour Light white/Cordoba blue, Cordoba blue frame, gold brake callipers, Cordoba blue fuel tank with large logo, Rallye seat, radiator and frame protection, short windshield.
• Style Exclusive: new colour Black storm metallic/Dark slate metallic matt/Achat grey, frame Achat grey, gold brake callipers, Dark slate metallic fuel tank with large logo.
The colours Racing red matt and Light white are no longer available.
BMW Motorrad Spezial. Customising your bike ex works
BMW Motorrad is now expanding its individualisation range with BMW Motorrad Spezial and is offering distinctive-design, performance and value enhancing as well as exclusive customisation options ex works. For the start the new offer includes special paint finishes for selected models through high-quality milled parts packages to forged wheels. BMW also announced new colors for most of its models.

https://riders.drivemag.com/news/bmw-r1200gs-adventure-update-tft-dash-rallye-version

Edited by michnus
  • Like 2

• Administrators

Not sure if this is really the new 2018 model line up or just a mid year announcement of a new color/feature option.  I'm sure it's designed to distract from their current bad press they've had handling the fork stanchion issue.

I had a 2011 GSA and it was a very nice bike that I liked a lot.  But because I've already ridden their bike and discovered I have more of a preference for dirt, along with all the issues they've had with this bike, I have to say that there's a very good chance I'll never buy another BMW unless it's some classic R80 restoration or something like that.

• Like 2

The one press release said it is a facelift and some niceties for the 2018 models. Agree @Eric Hall with you it might just be bit of colour and revamp. 

How sad it might be, it really seems we are getting to end of adventure bikes as we know it. Hopefully there will be a newer culture of 800cc to 1000cc bikes that will still be adventure bikes. 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I could never buy a BMW for the same reason I struggle with the KTM 1290, too many computers. You don't know how relieved I was when KTM announced the 1090 would have a reduced number of electronics.

It's already a struggle to pay for them, God forbid if one of these gizmos die. There isn't much I can't fix, but electronics, like women's minds, are beyond my level of expertise.

• Like 2