Sena comms

For the last two High Sierra rides, I have been using the Scala Rider Cardo 90x system with my friend Kevin. I think we were the only people using those, nearly everyone else was on a Sena device. This year I want to change out and get a Sena. But which model? They have teased me for half a year with the 30K ($330) and it does not look like it will materialize before September. I was going to get the 20S ($300) and saw that there is a 20S Evo ( also $300) being offered. But sadly OUT OF STOCK for the Evo. It is so frustrating to want an advertised newer model but have to settle for a model that will soon be phased out shortly after purchase. As Fred Flintstone once said: "mumble-grumble-frazzleracking-brizzlegrump"

sena.PNG

• Like 1

Looks like the 30K is still on preorder and not out yet...according to revzilla.  

It looks promising with the mesh networking ability.  I would like to say the mesh networking was my idea that I proposed to Sena sales a couple years ago, but development was probably started before that by someone much smarter than me.  =)

I found this about pairing to non sena headsets:

https://support.sena.com/hc/en-us/articles/214613006-How-Do-I-Pair-the-20S-to-a-non-Sena-Headset-

Anyone tried this? 

• Like 2

I had the G9x and now the 20S.  Personally the 20S worked perfectly fine and much better than my prior system.  I've been reading but haven't really found if the improvements are all that much more and worth the upgrade.  If I were new in the market again, I would most likely wait for the newer, better, best but I'm a whore for new fangled crap

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

started a warranty claim with sena on july 21.

over time, a crack appeared in the light grey plastic piece in the center of the jog dial on mine (it's just a little over 1 year old - was not dropped) and was growing.

and one day, riding in rain (same day that got the klim warranty claim started :D), my 20S died for about 10 hours, before coming back to life after, i presume, after dried out.

this is still dragging on today.

while i really like the 20S, their customer service definitely has (a lot of) room for improvement.

599e9827944ed_SENA20S.thumb.jpg.58f54d1dac35f11531d76d5e7c7f2acd.jpg

• Administrators
On 8/1/2017 at 1:30 PM, Jason R said:

Looks like the 30K is still on preorder and not out yet...according to revzilla.  

It looks promising with the mesh networking ability.  I would like to say the mesh networking was my idea that I proposed to Sena sales a couple years ago, but development was probably started before that by someone much smarter than me.  =)

I found this about pairing to non sena headsets:

https://support.sena.com/hc/en-us/articles/214613006-How-Do-I-Pair-the-20S-to-a-non-Sena-Headset-

Anyone tried this? 

I paired my 10C to a Cardo Scala last December and it worked fine