Motorrad Angels

• Administrators

There were many special moments on the trip.  One of them we (or at least I) didn't really appreciate until a few days later.  We went to have dinner at this restaurant and as we walked in we saw some people at a table applauding.  I figured it was one of their birthdays or graduation or some sort of achievement.  A few days later I think Tom mentioned how cool it was they were applauding US!  I was like huh?  I guess Tom and the local Motorrad Angels had been on the local news before and the table recognized our shirts.  I don't really think I deserved any applause but what struck me was how moved these Puerto Ricans were for their fellow citizens.  It meant a lot to them that people were coming to help.

We also learned of many sad stories.  Apparently there were over 400 suicides from people distraught over the storm, lack of water, lost loved ones, lost homes, etc...  There was also someone who'd lost their father from kidney failure because they couldn't get him to the hospital for dialysis.

There's something like 35k people leaving the island every month and our local benefactor created this "yonomequito" thing I mentioned earlier as a way of building pride and convincing people to stay.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Administrators

So a quick review of all things @MotorradAngels related...

• We raised $3k for Motorrad Angels at our Mojave event
  • They're helping out Vasilisa Kamarova in Bolivia get back on her journey
  • They're in Guatemala right now helping out with the volcanic eruption chaos and brought about 360 masks with them from Mexico

• 1 month later...

Hey Everyone! 

Hope everyone is out there riding safe and enjoying the season. Wanted to update everyone about the Motorrad Angels Team. We recently returned from Guatemala aiding the victims affected by Volcan de Fuego's eruption. We were able to provide the community within the area with clean water filters and air respirators. Along with our efforts, Motorrad Angels also teamed up with Third Wave Volunteers and Global Empowerment Mission to continue aid in remote regions that weren't accessible by car. Our GS 1200s were able to transport the like minded organizations to these communities. I attached some pictures below of our chapter Motorrad Angels Guatemala! Oh one other thing, we are gearing up and have begun fundraising for water projects throughout India and will be meeting our chapter captain Winston who rode for India in the GS Trophy. Please follow us on social media for even more updates and firsthand footage of our projects and if you're interested in joining please do!

• Like 2

Good morning from the East Coast! Just wanted to give more information about our chapter in India and the plan for our water projects. So as I mentioned before, our chapter captain Winston has assembled a team of fellow riders who are now all Motorrad Angels. It is truly amazing to see other adventure riders become apart of the team when all we ask is to do what you love but help someone along the way! They are actively locating areas throughout the country finding communities that have no access to clean drinking water. Once we know where individuals are located, we are able to plan the projects effectively. India is also facing a massive water scarcity issue at the moment and as a result a lot of the water available is contaminated. I've attached a short article that discusses the issue in more depth. Also here is a picture of our chapter in India! As always thank you all for the support!   

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/15/health/india-water-shortage-crisis-intl/index.html

Motorrad Angels India.jpeg

• Like 2

Good evening everyone! Thought I would share with you all a cool video of a street performer in Medellin, Colombia. I know for myself at times it can be easy to miss little moments while riding through different cities. Being a Motorrad Angel can mean spending a lot of time in remote areas or quickly passing through major areas to arrive at a certain destination. But when we stop and enjoy all surroundings you get to catch and experience amazing pieces of another's culture. This person has some serious courage performing his stunt in the middle of street!

Edited by MotorradAngels
  • Like 1

Good morning! Got some cool news to share with you all. This past July we were able to attend Motorrad Days Germany 2018 and had the opportunity to be a exhibitor during the entire the event. We were able to share our story with others and had many people inquire about starting new chapters. Motorrad Angels now has a chapter in the UK! Our chapter captains are GS Trophy 2014 John and John who also are the owners of a company called Cool Covers. Tomorrow we are continuing to discuss getting the chapter all established and individuals involved. If you're living in the UK and want to be apart of an awesome cause please let me know! I also attached a link to Cool Covers to any of those who are curious about getting another sweet accessory for their bike. 

https://www.coolcovers.co.uk/

image.png.d9b08cbc1f863c4c6c7a404238eca318.png

• Like 1

Hey Everyone! Its been a few days since I last posted. Just wanted to give you all an update on the team. They made it back to Guatemala safely! And are continuing clean water projects around the country with our Guatemala Chapter. They will also still be assessing the conditions of individuals that were affected by the volcano eruption and assist in anyway. Afterwards they are headed down towards El Salvador, Honduras, Nicaragua, and will stop in Costa Rica. For sometime between now and the last time the team was in Guatemala, Nicaragua has been seeing some unfortunate political events which resulted in many unwanted outcomes. We were forced to wait before entering into the country because of safety. It seems to have settled now and is relatively peaceful again so our journey continues onward! 

In other news, our chapter in Mexico has been doing some great work! Sam (one of our captains) has been working extensively on recruiting new members making the group even stronger. They have several fundraising events being planned and have already started new projects throughout the country!