Motorrad Angels

Hey Everyone! Just a few updates, everyone has made it back from Colombia safely and from what they tell me had a blast. Right now we are currently in the process of further fundraising for our chapter in India and our ground team there is continuing to work on locating areas that need clean water. I did find out some really cool news about our Mexico chapter as well. So they were invited to attend an event this past weekend, while attending and representing Motorrad Angels, the team was insisted on speaking to everyone teaching them about our cause which lead to being on a radio show, and again which is now leading to be on a TV SHOW and a motorcycle magazine! We have full support from this group and they are willing to help our chapter there anyway they can. It's pretty amazing the people you meet when continuing to do what you love but help people along the way! 

Here's a pic of our chapter captains rocking their jerseys during the event.

• Like 2

Whats happenin everyone! As always I hope you all had some safe riding this past weekend and got to squeeze in some football. We had some pretty cool projects happen recently, I'll be sure to post the pictures below. One was in Colombia and the other in Mexico both at schools that had no clean drinking water. I might have mentioned this before but to reiterate, it is so important that children have access to clean drinking water especially at their school. When you take the risk away from them being able to get sick from bad water, they no longer have to miss school and can focus on their education. Also we will be attending some cool conventions coming up, one in Las Vegas and another in Morelia, Mexico. If any of you fellow xladvers are in the area come by and say hello! 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Whats happening everyone! Its been a minute since our last post! We had some awesome things happen in the last couple weeks. First we flew over to Mexico City to attend a international event in Morelia, Mexico to support our chapter. We had a blast and were able to do two water projects while attending the convention, the first one we did was at a school in Michoacan and the second at a health clinic in a rural area. The school installation was a basic water filtration install where the children were able to have clean water while attending classes throughout the day. The health clinic install was to provide the small surrounding community clean water almost 24/7! After our trip in Mexico, we jumped on the airplane again to attend the 2018 AIMExpo in Las Vegas. Also here is a picture from our trip to Morelia, with more to come! 

https://www.motorradangels.org/ 

20181005_132522.jpg.138cd6d17a18e1c9f349b4acb9714c10.jpg

• Like 1

Good afternoon fellow riders! I am still recuperating from the travel blues ? not from only missing Mexico but also working hard on promoting the BDR Angel Journey. Chad, Dennis, and I spent a lot of time at our booth during the 2018 AIMExpo meeting a lot of great people doing some awesome things for the motorcycling community. Even though folks are there promoting their businesses and ideas to the world, everyone has one thing in common — Motorcycles. Regardless if you ride a Harley or a BMW GS everyone is generally supporting others to do good and that is a really cool experience. I highly recommend attending one if you haven't yet and support the community of motorcycling! Here is a picture of our booth that was on display, we are proud to say that we were the only exhibitor that captured some of the essence of adventure riding!  

20181011_095220.jpg

• Like 1

Good afternoon everyone! The team is on the move once again! Tom and Dennis flew into Costa Rica yesterday, organized everything on the bikes, and have geared up this morning making their way to Panama. However Costa Rica at the moment is experiencing some serious flooding which is causing a lot of individuals to be displaced and moved into shelters. They are going to assess the situation and make sure they have clean water. I have attached a link with an article with more info. Also Hurricane Willa is approaching the West cost of Mexico today, making landfall at around 6pm as a Category 5 hurricane... We have our Mexico chapter keeping a close eye on the situation (including myself) and are working on a strategy to be there ASAP! 

Costa Rica Floods http://www.ticotimes.net/2018/10/05/live-heavy-rains-lead-to-mass-floods-in-the-pacific

Their location

On the Move!.JPG

Hurricane Willa.JPG

• Like 1

Whats happenin fellow riders! Hope everyone is getting some good rides/trips in towards the end of the season. I know here down South we still have some nice days left (since it feels like fall ?) whereas the rest of the country experiences seasons! An update on the team, they had a blast in Costa Rica riding with our friend Chris White over at Elephant Moto, lots of off road and river crossings along the way. They have now made it to Panama and are scouting out locations throughout with the Panama BMW Club to do clean water installations. Soon they will be taking the Stahlratte from Panama to Colombia! If any of you all have ever been on the Stahlratte before, please share your experiences! I will definitely be sure to share their experience once they make it across. 

(Costa Rica River Crossing)

• Like 1

What going on everyone! Hope you all are doing well and still squeezing in those last rides (unless snow riding is your thing...thats cool too ?). The team is doing great and we currently have projects all over at the moment. It has been quite the journey and truly amazing seeing everyone involved thus far. The bikes are currently stationed in Panama at the moment and will soon be picked back up to venture around the Darien Gap to Colombia. I do have some news from the Mission Control Tower, we are currently working on a multitude of things at the moment, social media growth, magazine publications, fundraising, etc. So please be on the look out for where ever you might spot us ?. Also feel free to ask any questions, my email is [email protected] I would be more than happy to answer any questions or just discuss about the Motorrad Angels journey. Look forward to hearing from you all! As always here are some picture of their most recent water project in Panama! Safe riding everyone.

• Like 1

• Administrators

We have been helping out with the fire relief efforts up in Paradise, CA this week in partnership with Global Empowerment Mission who Motorrad Angels has worked with before in Puerto Rico and Guatemala.

It's really shocking the devastation visible in Paradise, as well as the rest of California, even down here in SoCal.

We have a fundraiser set up here where you can donate.

Gripping video

fa4aaaa6-4155-453b-b1b4-2f78b410977a.JPGcf73da56-c2da-4c5c-9bd3-e9b9e289a3ec.JPGbc27356d-11c4-4c07-95ef-1d240d443165.JPG41c47d20-fae3-4926-bc7a-d9a27a8fdb6c.JPG40b70dbc-f28d-4863-b633-d004a761f277.JPG1da3e82a-b7a1-425a-a64a-7d0a046b9de7.JPG0d301b68-664c-422a-8e7c-76542ebcb97c.JPG

• Like 1

Hey Everyone! I hope you all are getting ready to enjoy the soon to come holidays! Just some updates about the team. Last week Motorrad Angels Colombia was able to conduct some water projects for some schools in different area (I'll post the photo below). Also as some of you may already know, we have a fundraiser up hosted by the one and only, man, myth, legend @Eric Hall which is to support local firefighters battling the wildfires in California right now as well as assist the families and individuals who have been directly affected. This has been quite the project as the wildfires continue to run rampant. Also the team is organizing a Turkey dinner for the families who lost their homes in California, if you are around the area please contact me at 404-281-5592 and I will get you direct contact with the group. We need all the help we can get, whether its with food, supplies, transportation etc. We are well over our goal but please continue to support by donating or by joining the team to lend a hand. A link to the fundraiser will be below.

https://www.facebook.com/donate/192754294940176/2116404745274870/

Screen Shot 2018-11-19 at 7.00.42 PM.png

Edited by MotorradAngels
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Everyone! It has been some time since I last posted. A much needed update is in order ?. The team has been extensively working on clean water projects all over. We have had recent projects all throughout Michoacán, Mexico, La Guajira Colombia, and now gearing up for Cúcuta, Colombia. The most recent project in La Guajira just ended where the team was able to set up massive two bucket systems to families in the community (Ill put a neat video down below). Come Feb/Mar 2019, we are getting ready to assist the Venezuela Refugees that are pouring into Colombia daily. If you are unfamiliar with what is going on there, Venezuela is seeing their worst economic crisis. Leaving millions with no option but to flee to other countries. Colombia however has implemented an open border for individuals to cross freely who are seeking to create a better life in Colombia. Ill post a video detailing very well the current situation. Our team will be down in Cúcuta which is a bordering city to Venezuela and one of the main entry points, where we will be conducting clean water projects and assisting those who need medical, dental, and ophthalmic attention. Please be on the look out for our fundraising campaign! Safe riding everyone! 

(Venezuela Crisis) https://www.facebook.com/VoxBorders/videos/586851518401649/  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Everyone! Good morning from the East Coast. Hope everyone is having a good start to the holiday season and squeezing in some riding. Just a quick update on the team, we are continuing to work diligently on strategizing for our project in Cúcuta, Colombia where we will be helping refugees coming in from Venezuela with clean water, medical, dental, and ophthalmology assistance. If you would like to help with the project please contact my email below. Whether its with fundraising, riding, or even if you are a medical professional of sorts!

In other news, we are super excited to attend March Moto Madness (MMM) in Tellico Plains next year and be one of the charities the awesome event supports. There will be lots of riding, camping, friendly competitions, and all around chill vibes. If you aren't familiar with the event and are looking for something in Mar. 2019 check out the link below for more info. 

Oh and a side note... we got some pretty cool stuff lined up happening next year so be on the lookout ?

Email: [email protected]

http://marchmotomadness.com/

• Like 1

Hey Everyone! Everyone here and around the world that is a part of Motorrad Angels would like to wish you all a Merry Christmas and hope that everyone is and still continuing to enjoy the day and holiday season! Of course with lots of riding and who know maybe some of you got some neat additions for the ride ?

Christmas-Card.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Everyone! I hope you enjoyed the holidays and had a good start to the new year! Riding season is just around the corner ?.  We have some exciting things planned for 2019 with our first project (as some of you know) being in Cúcuta, Colombia assisting the Venezuelan refugees coming over. We are continuing to plan extensively and will soon be ready to execute come late February/early March. I will be in Athens next week to have a meeting with a potentially new and exciting sponsor (more to come later on!). We also have recently been featured in the BMW Riders Association's OTL magazine on page 50, so please be sure to check it out if you have a subscription and if you don't its never too late to sign up! Its a great magazine ?. Stay tuned for more! 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Everyone! As always hoping the rides to the new season are going well and maybe some of you are already enjoying the new BDR California! We have been working on some pretty awesome stuff recently. Before the holidays we were talks with a coffee roasting company out of Athens, Georgia known as Jittery Joes Coffee. They are a very prominent coffee company throughout Georgia and make some amazing java. They roast their own product and we are teaming up with them to produce a Clean Water Blend so that every purchase a portion goes towards supporting Motorrad Angels! Everything is still not finalized just yet with some more things to get ready such as designing the can etc. Also we have created a new partnership with the company MPOWERD, they make solar powered inflatable lights and have donated 500 lights to be distributed to Venezuelan refugees on our next project! I will post links to both companies down below for you all to get a better inside look of who they are ??. Safe riding everyone! 

https://jitteryjoes.com/

https://mpowerd.com/

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Everyone! The weather is getting warmer (in some parts ?) and that only means one thing.. jumping in the saddle for a ride! Everything here at Motorrad Angels is going well and steady. We are still gearing up and continuing to strategize for our trip to the Venezuelan border to assist the refugees. I don't know if I have mentioned this before, but we will have a professional videographer/photographer traveling with us to Cúcuta to film the project! He is a good friend of ours out of the ole Windy City Chicago and loves what we are doing! So everyone will be able to see the project afterwards and the life changing experience both the refugees, local Colombians, and riders will have. We are still in need of volunteers to help with fundraising so if you are available please reach out to me at [email protected]! In other news, our chapters in Mexico are doing a great job with conducting projects and have been gaining some serious attention. Here is them on the cover of MoteroADV! 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Everyone! As always I hope the riding is good and the adventure plenty! We are super close to our next big project in Cúcuta, Colombia where we will be assisting the Venezuelan Refugees. It will take place March 23-31, 2019. In addition to the already established assistance we have arranged, we will be distributing 500 solar inflatable lights kindly given to us by MPOWERD and I believe 450 pairs of shoes. These additions are crucial to the Venezuelans coming in, they walk countless miles a day without basic necessities and we hope this will improve their situation. We need your help though!

Please support the people coming into Colombia by making a donation to www.motorradangels.org/donate as every little bit helps ?Also if you are a medical professional and wish to be involved please contact me at [email protected]

Edited by MotorradAngels