MotorradAngels

Motorrad Angels

34 posts in this topic

I LOVE what you all were doing ! ❤❤❤  One day I would love to go along on one of these trips!

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Tracy Charles said:

I LOVE what you all were doing ! ❤❤❤  One day I would love to go along on one of these trips!

Well said Tracy, couldn't agree more.

1 person likes this

There were many special moments on the trip.  One of them we (or at least I) didn't really appreciate until a few days later.  We went to have dinner at this restaurant and as we walked in we saw some people at a table applauding.  I figured it was one of their birthdays or graduation or some sort of achievement.  A few days later I think Tom mentioned how cool it was they were applauding US!  I was like huh?  I guess Tom and the local Motorrad Angels had been on the local news before and the table recognized our shirts.  I don't really think I deserved any applause but what struck me was how moved these Puerto Ricans were for their fellow citizens.  It meant a lot to them that people were coming to help.

We also learned of many sad stories.  Apparently there were over 400 suicides from people distraught over the storm, lack of water, lost loved ones, lost homes, etc...  There was also someone who'd lost their father from kidney failure because they couldn't get him to the hospital for dialysis.

There's something like 35k people leaving the island every month and our local benefactor created this "yonomequito" thing I mentioned earlier as a way of building pride and convincing people to stay.

1 person likes this

This is Dr. Alison Thompson with whom we worked in Puerto Rico delivering a powerful Ted Talk on "Everyone's Needed, No Skills Required."

If this resonates with you then you should join Motorrad Angels on a trip

2 people like this

So a quick review of all things @MotorradAngels related...

• We raised $3k for Motorrad Angels at our Mojave event
  • They're helping out Vasilisa Kamarova in Bolivia get back on her journey
  • They're in Guatemala right now helping out with the volcanic eruption chaos and brought about 360 masks with them from Mexico