The Adventure Rally - Sierra 2017

• Administrators

Some friends told me about Marisa's applying to the GS Trophy competition on the East coast.  They initially said no because she had to own a BMW so she went and bought an 1150 GS.  Then they told her no again "because your Facebook feed has too much of a KTM presence."

Way to go BMW.

6 minutes ago, Eric Hall said:

The Rev'It ladies were there 22137022_10154898339374249_4804178690268211900_o.jpg and were a lot of fun to ride with.  Marisa can SHRED on that 990!

That's @millieonthemove on the right, Erika (@bmwmotorcyclegirl on IG) in the middle and Marisa (@she_braaps on IG) on the left.

(Woman crush Wednesday)... so many damn unicorns at that event. 

• Like 3

For me it was evident that the $400 entry fee would produce a profit for Bonnier. My suspicion is that profitability from these events is common knowledge to anyone considering to participate. What I noticed about two days into the Gunnison event is the margin may be fairly wide. But hey, it's a rally and who cares about that detail, right? I sure enjoyed meeting new people and conversations--as I do adventuring any other time.

It nearly a year away, but I'll have to see if I can make the Sierra ADVrally.

• Like 1

I was following various posts on IG and bummed I missed this.  Honestly I am fully aware that video of the hill climb is beyond my ability but I would sure as hell give it a try......maybe!!!!

Very informative and I figured it was a for profit event, would be shocked if it weren't.  Did you ever figure out why motion pro left on Sat?  Props to you Eric for declining the hotel and roughing it!!! ;)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

@thegeardude put this together for ADVPulse on the rally.  Painful to relive it!  :lol:  Would have been nice to get a mention ;)

Bonnier-Adventure-Rally-Sierra-561x374.j

Riding the Gauntlet
Friday was one of the most memorable days of riding I’ve ever had. It’s the only time I’ve ever been on an adventure ride that nearly degraded into a survival situation. Our group rode out of China peak at 8:30am brimming with excitement and didn’t return until 10:30pm that night: exhausted, dehydrated and cold as hell. Not due to lack of preparation but simply because we ended up on one of the gnarliest trails any of us had ever encountered on big bikes.

Read the whole thing here