Thanks for not putting the screws to us Flatland Racing!

• Administrators

An observation a couple of years ago when I bought my first adventure bike was the cost of aftermarket parts. It SEEMS like some manufacturers put the screws to riders in this segment b/c they must all have money to burn. Brand it an adventure bike product and charge 2x. I said SEEMS because I'm sure that this is not always the case, so don't send me hate mail pointing out that a skid plate for a GSA 1200 is more expensive to produce than a simple dirt bike skid plate. I agree.

Recently I installed a skid plate for my 2017 KTM 690 Enduro R, a machine that's a little pricey, crosses over into the adventure bike segment, and from what I can tell, has parts for it that some seem awfully proud of. But, the folks at Flatland Racing stood out. Their skid plate for the 690 and 701 Enduro brothers looked great and had an even better price. Reviews of the product seemed good, so I grabbed one from the folks at http://www.ktmtwins.com. 

At a price of less than half of some options, is it any good? What's the trade-off for the wallet friendly price?  Read my full review @ 

20171003_120705[1].jpg

20170808_180050[1].jpg

• Like 3