Sonora Rally 2018

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

We're a week out from the rally now and I just found out Garrett has no room for my bike!  I just have a car so I need to find a way to get it there and back now.  I may ask Mo Hart as he's coming down from Santa Cruz and I'm kind of on the way.  He's the one who gave me a ride back with my busted 990 last time.

Have to rent a truck and go get my bike from Garrett's up in Valencia now along with my mousse and pegs that were delivered.

• Administrators

Race starts Monday.  Live results here

Opted to finally install a hitch on my car and I'll rent/borrow a trailer.  I will park at the border and then unload the bike and ride across to the hotel Araiza.  Should make for a quicker crossing back over at the end of the rally ;)  I'll leave most of my stuff w/Garrett though and just take on my back whatever I can carry.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Eric Hall said:

Race starts Monday.  Live results here

Opted to finally install a hitch on my car and I'll rent/borrow a trailer.  I will park at the border and then unload the bike and ride across to the hotel Araiza.  Should make for a quicker crossing back over at the end of the rally ;)  I'll leave most of my stuff w/Garrett though and just take on my back whatever I can carry.

You're welcome to park at my house if you need too.  

Edited by Jason R
  • Like 1

why don't you just buy Mexican insurance for your car and trailer?  its not that expensive and wont have to worry about forgetting crap in the car and you can carry all your gear, tools, spares yourself without having to rely on someone else. 

• Like 1

• Administrators

I'm already pitting w/Garrett and he can take most of my gear, just not my bike.  The hotel and start is like two miles from the border and I can't take a rental trailer into Mexico.  It's just cheaper and easier this way.

If I had a truck then I wouldn't need to bother and would just take it all myself.