Spring '18 Rally

I still have the 990, there is an interested party in Mammoth that may drive down and pick it up in a few weeks.

I sold the SUPER TENERE and was able to pick up a brand new 690 for a very good price. The only mods I intend to do at the moment are Skid Plate, crash bars and rear plate. I will ride the 690 to the Jimmy Lewis event and (expenses pending) to the Spring Rally. 

If the 990 doesn't sell before then, I might trailer both of them and have a spare for 'testing' purposes.  If Eric's bike is still having gremlins, it would be a good backup option.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there Eric. I'll know This Friday if I can go or not. So the group will be meeting at Hole-in-the-Wall campground? Is this where we stage and camp? This will be a first time for me riding in the area East of the 15 and North of the 40. 

I'm using my Beta for the next few seasons while I save for my Super Tenere. Hope you don't mind me joining the group. And I definitely want to do some of the sandy roads. I need practice so when I do get a beast I know what to expect.

Don't laugh too hard. 15/41 gearing, and great wind protection with repurposed 650 Ninja windscreen and Giant Loop batwings. It weighs right at about 350lbs and has close to a 175 mile range (with spare fuel in saddlebag).

P3230008.JPG.266133b62c6a47e9238ab2c411797d8c.JPG

It will have a skid plate for the event. I'm really hoping to meet some guys with these big adventure bikes and see how they are setup! I'll be trucking up there and camping in my truck tent. I'll let you know by this Friday.

• Like 2

On 4/3/2018 at 2:33 PM, greedyg said:

@Ballisticexchris  I like the look!  Make it work for you, that's what counts 👍  We'll see you there, stop and say hi, just look for the wannabe orange rally raid racer looking guy...

23 hours ago, Eric Hall said:

@Ballisticexchris it will be at the group site across the road from hole in the wall campground.  hope to see you there!

I'm in and ticket is paid for. My wife Carol actually bought my ticket. How cool is that!! Thank you both for making me feel welcome. I'll be heading to the event sometime early-late afternoon Friday and leaving early Sunday morning.

I've never been there but assuming exit Essex and head for Black Canyon Group and Equestrian Campground across from Hole in The Wall campgrounds. I have a San Bernardino map but hoping the Information center will have maps of the park or I can just wing it and ride with guys that know the area better than me. I'm thinking this will be pretty easy navigation because we are staying on roads and not going out into the open desert/forest.

I found the link to maps and alerts:

https://www.nps.gov/moja/planyourvisit/maps.htm 

• Like 1