Spring '18 Rally

I'm all signed up and ready to do some riding and camping!  Will be on the GSA.   A couple of my buddies are signing up today so there will be a few of us coming up from San Diego Friday. 

Is there a list of rides/events for Friday floating around yet?  Just looking at what will be the best time to arrive. 

Cheers!

Dave E. 

• Like 2

Hi there guys, if anyone is interested here is a really nice map of the preserve. Latest update way 2008. But still a really nice map. I just got it and it's a very detailed topo with all the points of interest.

https://www.amazon.com/Mojave-National-Preserve-Geographic-Illustrated/dp/1566953839/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1523470730&sr=1-1&keywords=Mojave+National+Preserve+(National+Geographic+Trails+Illustrated+Map)

My plan on this trip is to check out as many cool points of interest as possible from the dirt roads. Next time when I bring my wife we can check out the stuff from the asphalt.....

So far, Eric's GPX tracks look to be a very nice loop. 

1 minute ago, Bip Schkaboden said:

The map mentioned above can also be purchased on Avenza Maps and loaded onto your smart phone.  It will track you so you know where you are and are going.  A few guys used it in CO and really liked it.

Not a bad idea. OTOH, I do not like to rely on electronics. I have a pretty cool mad holder that stays clipped to my bars and folds out when needed. 

Hello Everyone, Signed up the other day after seeing this ride on the ADV Pulse Calendar. I'm Doug Stout and Doug Stout 2 is actually Justin Fraughton. Brandon Limb is also joining us and possibly a few more. Most of us will ride down from Utah on Thursday and can't wait to check the MNP, especially after the articles in ADV Pulse and Upshift. Look forward to meeting you all.  

• Like 1

Riding from Santa Barbara on my GSA full camping setup.  Not set on when I'll leave or what route to take but anyone riding out from my area or Ventura/TO/Santa Clarita area that wants to join up can reach out.  @Eric Hall I can't recall seeing whether there was restriction on hitting the group site on Thursday night or if we'd need to camp elsewhere if we arrive then.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rogers said:

I'm leaving early Friday morning from the Bay Area. Somehow I'm strapping down all my camping gear and tools on a bike with zero luggage capacity. 

If anyone wants to join me from NorCal let me know!

Right on my man!! I'm being a wimp and trucking my bike. I'm really excited for this event. It's going to be really cool to see a mixture of these beasts and how you guys set them up for long adventures. I have been saving a long time for my beast. For now the Beta will just have to do......

• Administrators
20 hours ago, WildTurkey said:

Riding from Santa Barbara on my GSA full camping setup.  Not set on when I'll leave or what route to take but anyone riding out from my area or Ventura/TO/Santa Clarita area that wants to join up can reach out.  @Eric Hall I can't recall seeing whether there was restriction on hitting the group site on Thursday night or if we'd need to camp elsewhere if we arrive then.

I will be there Thu afternoon and camp at the Hole in the Wall campground across the road.

• Like 1

• Administrators

I wasn't this time but will get out there soon.  I most want to simply look at the size of the group campground.  I can see it in Google Earth but Im having to tell people not to bring their toy haulers or RV's because I'm afraid there's not enough room.  If I could get out there I could better gauge what the space is and parking options.  It's entirely possible the equestrian area will not be occupied and we could use that as overflow parking.  We'll see.

On 4/11/2018 at 0:57 PM, Skidyflidy said:

Hello Everyone, Signed up the other day after seeing this ride on the ADV Pulse Calendar. I'm Doug Stout and Doug Stout 2 is actually Justin Fraughton. Brandon Limb is also joining us and possibly a few more. Most of us will ride down from Utah on Thursday and can't wait to check the MNP, especially after the articles in ADV Pulse and Upshift. Look forward to meeting you all.  

Welcome Utes!

On another note I can help save space by parking the 950 inside Raster's toy box at night...  :huh:

Edited by greedyg
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Ballisticexchris said:

Right on my man!! I'm being a wimp and trucking my bike. I'm really excited for this event. It's going to be really cool to see a mixture of these beasts and how you guys set them up for long adventures. I have been saving a long time for my beast. For now the Beta will just have to do......

Guess I won't be the only Beta out there! Good to hear!

• Like 2