Who Wants To Ride This Weekend?

• Administrators

I'd love to ride Saturday out in the desert (finally).

Weather shows it actually cooler out there (83) than here in Irvine (89) so that's good.

Plan is to meet at Starbucks (of course) in Adelanto on hwy 395 and Palmdale road at 8:00 am and we'll ride the "Starbucks Gold" route.  You can find this on REVER (friend me there) as well as a thread in the Beyond Starbucks area

Map here

I'd love to ride Saturday out in the desert (finally).
Weather shows it actually cooler out there (83) than here in Irvine (89) so that's good.
Plan is to meet at Starbucks (of course) in Adelanto on hwy 395 and Palmdale road at 8:00 am and we'll ride the "Starbucks Gold" route.  You can find this on REVER (friend me there) as well as a thread in the Beyond Starbucks area
Map here
Im in, can we meet at the Starbucks here in Redding?
  • Like 3

• Administrators

Video of our group ride.  @DimitriT @NavyNuke and Shane Bearly showed up.  We saw Evan, Tristan and Matt at Starbucks when we started but they wanted to take another route.  We ran into them near Inscription Canyon.  Tristan had an off and hurt his knee and went home :(

Some gnarly sand, a fun fast dry lake bed and a challenging hill climb.

• Like 6

• 5 months later...
On 10/29/2017 at 1:57 PM, Eric Hall said:

Video of our group ride.  @DimitriT @NavyNuke and Shane Bearly showed up.  We saw Evan, Tristan and Matt at Starbucks when we started but they wanted to take another route.  We ran into them near Inscription Canyon.  Tristan had an off and hurt his knee and went home :(

Some gnarly sand, a fun fast dry lake bed and a challenging hill climb.

HAHAHA!!! At about 3:15 in I laughed so hard it hurt!! Right after I pause it to look at the Tenere. I hit play and faintly make out a word I can barely hear from another rider. Then in a crystal clear voice "Shade you can't say**** on video, it's on right now, you can't say ****" !!! LOLOL:lol:

This is one of the best "local" riding videos ever!! It's really cool to see what these big bikes can do. I have to say of all those bikes the KTM is probably the best when the pavement ends. OTOH, I like to see the Tenere holding it's own. I'm not much of a BMW fan, but damn those bikes can rip through that stuff when the going gets rough!! And of course it goes without saying the KLR is always just plugging along in the nastiest of conditions!! 

I have a pretty good GPS track for that area as well. I agree the sand washes to the Petroglyph's are brutal!! I'm amazed and encouraged by just what these big bikes can do! I just did that ride about the same time you made this video. Did you guys hit that nasty G out toward the end of the wash near the Peyroglyph's? I almost went over the bars!

• Like 1