Jesse Luggage Panniers

Has anybody ever used  Jesse Luggage panniers, Made in Gilbert AZ.  Thoughts or Ideas.  Tried stopping by their shop but they were closed.

Sorry just a cut and paste job.

Jesse Luggage Systems 

10″ Odyssey II

Dimensions: 10″D x 18″H x 20″L
Capacity: 105 liters combined
Total width: 37″

Mounts on Odyssey II mounts that allow up to 5″ movement forward and back Luggage w/mounts - $1280

Made from 2mm thick, 5052 aluminum for strength, endurance and longevity. Compound, multiple angles give these boxes strength, but also allow more volume in a sleek profile. The forward angle provides room for your feet when you need it.

Edited by Hawk42

I have them on my KTM 1190. I got them because they tuck in close. So far they've been great and I don't have any complaints. I've dropped my bike several times and they have no problem handling the abuse, still in tact and straight. I haven't got the luggage yet, I'm still deciding on hard or soft bags, but I'm sure I'll eventually get both. I saw a pretty good luggage test on YouTube and they got a good rating. It's an interesting video, look for it, they submerge the boxes, toss them off a cliff, spray water and I don't remember what else.

I bought a KTM 990 a few years ago that had them installed. Personally, I think they're great bags. They're tough, well made, easy to install. The only downside I can think of is the shape makes them a bit tougher for packing.... but the shape looks nice while installed on the bike.

Previous usage includes: BMW plastic cases, BMW 'Adventure' cases, BMW Vario, Happy Trail boxes.

I love mine! I visited the factory. Family biz and they couldn't be nicer, more dedicated folks. Thumbs up all the way around!

I had them on my first gen Vstrom

Very strong bags, like Blur said they can be hard to pack but they do look good/function well. The only complaint I have about them is they are heavy.

Navy Nuke is right, they are heavy, but if they were lighter they would be more like Touratech. Nothing wrong with Touratech either.

I had a set on a V-strom as well, really liked them, would purchase another set if I went back to hard, I prefer soft luggage now rides a whole lot better, the locking issue is not a problem for me.

I've had Jesse's on a few bikes and have always loved them.  I'm actually in the process of getting a set for my 950.  They're the toughest bags I've ever used.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By DimitriT
      I was going to start the thread with a I've been doing a lot of LDR lately (Long Distance Riding, duh!) and I need more gas crap, but to be honest, I love how the extra fuel canister looks on my bike.
      The problem I had is that I didn't want to the rotopax to be on the sides or the back but on top of the side aluminum cases. Right under my Wolfman rollie bags. But there was no way to strap them properly so I had to improvise.
      Total cost of project: $15
      Total man hours spent: 1
      Total beers consumed: 3 Industrial Revolution Vanilla Porter (I love living in CO)

Your standard ADV side case

Your standard BMW straps

Using the Wolfman rollie alone with the straps: perfect!

Using the Wolfman rollie and the rotopax with the straps: disaster!

The rotopax will just fly away with the slightest bump.

The solution: Footman Loops for next to nothing (here)

I also needed some STAINLESS STEEL hardware as well as some pieces of an old bicycle tube

Marking the “G” spot

Measurements because OCD

Am I actually drilling a hole on my sidecar?

I wonder if this will void the warranty…

The tube will help the water to stay out (in theory)

Screw -> hook -> washer -> tube in this order

Thank the OCD for measuring… How did I make it crooked?

Screw tight (boom, phrasing!)

Cut the edges.

Final product

And here’s the magic! Yes, these are the original straps that came with my bike…

This rotopax, won’t go anywhere!

Not bad, right?
      Best think, I can still open my side cases with everything on them!
      Now I’m ready to go to my local Starbucks. Oh wait, I’ve got extra fuel! I can go to the one across town!! WOOHOO!!!!

This post has been promoted to an article
    • By XLADV
      The solution for carrying more cargo on BMW adventure bikes
      Sandpoint, ID, December 18, 2015 - Black Dog Cycle Works (BDCW) announces their new BDCW Pillion Rack for BMW R1200GS and GSA Liquid-Cooled motorcycles. For solo adventure riders, a great solution for carrying more cargo is to replace the passenger seat with an integrated rack. BDCW's new rack puts the additional weight immediately behind the rider where motorcycles were originally designed to carry it, making it the ideal location. By moving the weight forward from the rear of the bike, riders should expect greatly improved balance and control.
      The BDCW Pillion Rack is a highly functional, rugged yet beautifully-machined product that greatly increases the carrying capacity of the Big GS. And, it works especially well with the BDCW Multi-Function Rear Rack for the GSLC or GSA-LC, but is compatible with most rear racks from other manufacturers, as well as the factory grab rails on the standard GS and GSA.
      Avid adventure riders will appreciate how the BDCW Pillion Rack mounts to their bikes. "Unlike other versions on the market, we intentionally engineered our rack so that it doesn't use the mostly plastic stock keyed release system. We found that the stock release doesn't take to the off-road punishment many of our customers give their bikes.  Ours bolts directly to the frame." says Kurt Forgét of BDCW.
      The BDCW design has several notably unique features and benefits:
      A great compliment for the BDCW Multi-Function Rear Rack for either the GS-LC or GSA-LC Made of industrial grade gauge 1/4" aluminum Bolts to the frame for solid mounting-designed to take a beating while securely hauling gear Quick and easy removal with four bolts to replace the passenger seat Generous-sized perimeter holes give multiple tie-down points for gear Compatible with the factory grab rails for both the standard GS and the GSA. Anodized hard black for a durable finish Spacers and stainless steel hardware provided Approximately 12" wide x 14" long Designed, tested and manufactured in the U.S.A.  
      MSRP: $195.00

• By Eric Hall
      Can I hit someone now?  With those drum sticks?
      These are apparently some new, cool panniers.  How I know that is because they say so: "The product is cool and versatile..."
      Ooo-kay.  So there's that.  "These aluminum boxes are cooler and more versatile than ever before."  Basically.
      What I'd really like to know is just what makes these new panniers so cool and versatile.  I mean, it's not like Touratech doesn't know how to make panniers.  They are quite good.  This just left me like a petite cuisine appetizer after a long ride... wanting more.
      Are they better than the Zega Pro series pannier?  Why?  How?  Are they lighter, stronger, bigger, more durable?  Your guess is as good as mine.
      I tell you what really got me interested was the riding in the video!  Those guys, Paul Guillien and Iain Glynn, clearly know what they're doing and look like they're having a great time (with aftermarket Touratech shocks no doubt).
      Here's that video

And the presser

• By DimitriT
      Show us your tool-bags and explain the what and why! Here, I'll start.
      This is for my G450X. OK... it's not really an XL bike :/ Gee!
      Here's how my pack looks like. This is the Wolfman Medium Rollie Bag with two Wolf Bottle Holsters.

Let's start looking inside! Here's what fits in this baby:
      1. Recovery bag
      2. Flat tire bag
      3. Misc items bag
      4. Tools bag
      5. Spare tubes for both front/rear
      6. Zip ties (with several rubber bands)
      7. Two MSR 30oz fuel bottles

The recovery bag is just what I need for a z-pull/drag system. There are several sets out there but I wanted to make mine on my own. Did I mention I have mild OCD?     It contains:
      1. 52ft of accessory cord (6mm)
      2. 2x oval non-locking carabiners
      3. 2x Petzl pulleys
      4. 2x Petzl Tibloc ascenders
      5. The manual from the ascenders which will explain how to make a z-pull/drag system

The flat tire bag, is a standard. However, here's what it has in detail:
      1. Stop & go pump
      2. Slime patch repair kit
      3. 2x normal SHORT tire irons
      4. Valve stem removal tool
      5. Gloves

The spare tubes, are in a ziplocl bag because try-to-put-them-in-the-bag-omg-they-wont-move-when-they-touch-the-wolfman-dry-material... Of course, a normal grocery bag would do as well. Just blame my OCD for the waste...

My misc bag contains the following (I haven't included links for the obvious items):
      1. Small mesh bag for the loose items (I got it from Michael's for like $1)
      2. Eagle Creek bag (I'm mentioning it here since I'm using the same for everything)
      3. Electrical tape
      4. Electrical wire
      5. Steel wire
      6. Any kind of light
      7. Quicksteel
      8. Sandpaper
      9. Emergency blanket (I remove the box after I took the pic)
      10. Lighter
      11. WD40
      12. Camping tape I suggest this brand. This thing will hold anything!
      13. Coffee filter (to pour water in the radiator)
      14. Radiator Stop Leak
      15. An extra sparkplug 
      16. Tweezers
      17. Purifying water tablets

Finally my tool bag. This took me the most time to gather. What I've been doing the last months, is using tools from my garage and every time I'm using something (for example a screwdriver or a 10mm hex socket), I'm taking a note and like that I assembled a list of all the tools I ever needed for my bike. In theory, I can bring the engine down with what I have in this bag. In theory. Of course, I don't know how... So for the G450X here's a list of the tools I used (no links of course)
      Hex sockets: 8mm, 10mm, 11mm, 17mm, 22mm, 30mm
      Hex bits: 3mm, 4mm, 8mm, 12mm
      Wrenches: 11mm, 12mm
      Tools: Leatherman, flat screwdriver, philips screwdriver, ratchet, extensions, adapters

And ALL of these items with fuel included, under 20lbs (12.5kgs for our Metric friends)!

In addition to all of these, when I'm on my dirt-bike, I always carry:
      My poop-bag (laugh all you want, I want to see you taking a sh!t and wiping with leaves)
      Phone / InReach
      Very small 1st aid kit
      Let us see yours!
    • By Eric Hall
      I saw a similar video for the Tenere 660 and since that bike isn't sold in the US and the GS/GSA is and have sold quite a few, I thought I'd do a similar video.  The things I go over in this video really apply to just about any adventure bike.
      The key issue here for a lot of riders is what exactly do I need to do to my bike to outfit it for off-road riding?  When I started out I had absolutely no clue and unfortunately wasted some time and even more money figuring all this out.  I figure I can use my experience to save you money 
      I have to say though that I honestly didn't know how much I'd enjoy riding my bike off-road when I first bought it.  I figured it was just a means to an end, not an end in and of itself.
      However, these bikes don't exactly come dirt-ready off the showroom floor.  There are some things you should do right away, some things before others given their importance and of course some things you really don't need to do.  We've all seen that shiny sparkly bike at Starbucks all farkled up and you just know that thing has never seen anything more adventurous than a gutter in front of its driveway.  Don't be that guy!
      The other thread here "Post your gear questions here" is more for the apparel side.  This is the bike part of that same set of questions.
      I know it's long but if you're new to adventure riding or an experienced rider looking to explore more dirt, I think you'll find it helpful.