New Badlands Pro Series from Klim

• Administrators

MEDIA%20PRESENTATION%20FINAL.jpg

I never really liked cars like the Bentley or Rolls Royce.  They seemed way too heavy, too expensive, made for old people who just ran out of mustard and have to ask passersby for some "Grey Poupon."  And then I saw a show on how their made and was blown away.  I really had no idea how much went into building them.

That's the case here with the new Badlands jacket/pants from Klim.  It's basically been completely reengineered to be more user friendly, more comfortable and easier to live in for extended periods between washes.

Oranged3o.jpg

The one that stands out the most is this new technology in D30 amor they actually co-developed with D30 to be lighter, protect better and vent extremely well.  They're calling it "Aero Pro D30."  It vents 5x better and has 40% more coverage.

For abrasion areas they've upped their game by adding SuperFabric on top of their own proprietary Karbonite material for an even better resistance to abrasion while light and fast.

As to venting, they're using all new vents that create a venturi effect like never before. The base layer is their Klimatek Cool fabric to help wick moisture to stay cool.  They're also using Polygiene which is an anti-microbial, anti-bacterial coating that will keep the funk out of your suit! 

Not sure if I'll ever get a chance to try one out but this is one of those must-have pieces of gear for the world traveler or the serious off-roader.

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

What do they say?  "when all else fails, read the directions."  Well I finally noticed this little usb drive Klim handed out at IMS and realized it probably has much better images of the new Badlands Pro Jacket so I thought I'd upload some.  There are three "color ways" or schemes for the jacket:  hi viz, black, gray, light gray and tan.  I will upload the black and tan versions.  Feel free to check out the rest at their site.

Badlands Jacket_black_2.jpg

Badlands Jacket_tan_1.jpgBadlands Pant_black_3.jpgBadlands Pant_tan_2.jpg

Badlands Jacket_black_3.jpg

Badlands_Jacket_tan_3.jpg

Badlands Pant_tan_2.jpg

• Like 3