Mini Tip Monday from Brake Magazine

Llel Pavey of Brake Magazine has been putting together these nifty "mini tip" videos now for a few weeks and asked me to share them.

Should I?  :lol: 

Llel's dad is Simon Pavey, 10 time Dakar racer and leads a BMW training center in Wales called Off Road Skills and was the guy who trained Charley & Ewan for their two Long Way series and Charley's "Off to Dakar" series.

Well I guess the suspense is killing you so here's a sample of how to to a quick turn or what I've heard called an "elephant turn" for like when you're in Africa or Asia and a huge ass elephant is staring you down and you have to turn around REALLY fast.

And there's also "How to Walk Your Bike"

And "How to Pick up your Bike"

And how to turn your bike around using the side stand

6 minutes ago, Eric Hall said:

Llel Pavey of Brake Magazine has been putting together these nifty "mini tip" videos now for a few weeks and asked me to share them.

Should I?  :lol: 

Llel's dad is Simon Pavey, 10 time Dakar racer and leads a BMW training center in Wales called Off Road Skills and was the guy who trained Charley & Ewan for their two Long Way series and Charley's "Off to Dakar" series.

Well I guess the suspense is killing you so here's a sample of how to to a quick turn or what I've heard called an "elephant turn" for like when you're in Africa or Asia and a huge ass elephant is staring you down and you have to turn around REALLY fast.

This is a pretty easy one, especially on hard pack w/ loose material on top. But, I usually stay on the bike and pivot round my leg where possible.

Yup, I remember one of my first times on a group ride when I lived down in SoCal I watched Stephanie Townsend do this on her 1200GS! I thought wow! I need to learn that too. I taught myself this in a parking lot. I then took it to the dirt and found it very useful when I find it easier to ride away than swing my leg over. Also I think I saw Gaston Rahier do it on those old Dakar clips. He was about 5’5 & I’m 5’4. Us height challenged folks find it hard to mount up on these big adventure bikes sometimes.

How to get off your bike in style

Tool kit tips!

What Dakar rider wear!

Who makes the jacket he was wearing?

2 hours ago, Jason R said:

Who makes the jacket he was wearing?

I'm not sure but it's a one-off Dakar jacket and I think one company does it for all of them.  Bill Conger got his from this place, Radikal Racing

How to do a brake slide

two fingered tip