Hurricane Backpack/Tail Bag from Nelson Rigg

• Administrators

Screen Shot 2017-12-08 at 2.35.21 PM.png

Nelson Rigg (XLADV sponsor) has a new backpack/tailbag out called the "Hurricane."  You wear it as a backpack but can also be used as a tail bag.  Some say it's a "ripoff" of Mosko Moto's but I'm told the difference here is that this is more a backpack that can be used as a tail bag rather than a tail bag that can be used as a backpack.  Most bags that "can also be used as a backpack" are almost always not that comfortable to wear.  The difference is also in the price; the Hurricane coming in at $119.95 for the 20l and $139.95 for the 40l.

I'm going to pick one up and give it a shot and get back on it.  I will use it on my upcoming Baja trip.

Full review to follow.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

Some news... 

Nelson Rigg is also donating money from every sale to the American Red Cross disaster relief. 

• LIFETIME WARRANTY
  • 100% waterproof
  • Durable UV Coated Tarpaulin PVC
  • Water tight roll closure
  • Purge valve for easy compression
  • Reflective webbing
  • Inner laptop/notebook/table sleeve
  • Quick release buckles converts into a tail pack
  • Reversible MOLLE panel/waterproof document pocket
  • Holds optional hydration bladder
  • Mesh pockets large enough to hold 30 Oz. fuel bottles
  • Backpack straps are 3-way adjustable
  • Padded back panel with airflow system
  • Available in 20L and 40L

• 9 months later...
  • Administrators

IMG_3905.jpg

From now through 11/16/18 get a 10% discount and free freight (48 States) on any order over $50 for all Nelson Rigg or Rigg Gear products.
Enter XLADV at checkout on the www.nelsonrigg.com website and also get a free Rigg Gear keychain
#xladv #rigggear @geomotoadv

• 1 year later...
  • Administrators

After seeing their panniers everywhere it seems, especially my last Utah trip, I finally got a set of panniers, roll bags and tank bag from Rigg Gear.  Got the Sierra Dry saddlebags, the Trailside tank bag and the Ridge roll bags.  I already had the Hurricane bag (see above)

• Administrators

I think I’m going to do that video over . Not happy at all. Could have done a better job.

Drone footage has no sound so opening to that makes people think their sound is off or the video has no sound. Sun is directly overhead and shadows are harsh. I didn’t frame the subject well at all. I can do better

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...