Dakar 2018

• Administrators

So who's excited for Dakar?

Couple things I'm most interested in...

• Following the Americans
    • Really would like to see Ricky Brabec win it for Team Honda this year
    • Following Petr Vlcek (Czech but living here), Bill Conger, Andrew Short, Mark Samuels, Shane Esposito
  • Team Honda in general (I love KTM but would just like to see Honda win it finally)
  • Laia Sanz because she's awesome

I watched this RedBullTV online the other day on all their Dakar videos and was blown away!  I'd highly recommend watching some of them.  Tons of history and background that will give you a much deeper appreciation of Rally Raid.

What are you most interested in?

• Like 4

• Administrators
On 1/6/2018 at 9:57 PM, HeavyHustler said:

Is there a way to see how the malle moto guys are ranking?

Not sure.  That trackingdakar.com site has a category of malle moto but none of the riders are coded.  I saw Lawrence Hacking mention the same question on FB and no one really had a good idea other that speculation seen over at AOLrider.

• Like 1

• Administrators

Looks like Bill Conger had some technical problems yesterday. Not sure exactly what.  They show him through today but no times indicated at the last two waypoints so not sure if he had more technical issues.

Petr Vlcek is still doing fairly well.

Brabec finished 4th today which is nice to see.  Mark Samuels finished further back today than I would have imagined.  Andrew Short and Shane Esposito are doing very well too.

Lyndon is doing very well.

Laia was 16th today which is great.  Mirjam Pol was 90th.

• Like 1

On 8.01.2018 at 8:17 PM, Eric Hall said:

Not sure.  That trackingdakar.com site has a category of malle moto but none of the riders are coded.  I saw Lawrence Hacking mention the same question on FB and no one really had a good idea other that speculation seen over at AOLrider.

Malle moto category is called “Original by Motul”, Matthieu Marchand is a manager responsible for that, but I can’t find any rankings even at the motul sites:(

• Like 1

You can see the Malle Moto standings at trackingdakar.com by clicking the "class" button at the top of the chart and choosing malle moto.  It looks like Lyndon was leading yesterday, but he is not in yet today.  It seems to be an even gnarlier course than usual this year?!

• Like 1

• Administrators
1 hour ago, PeteN95 said:

You can see the Malle Moto standings at trackingdakar.com by clicking the "class" button at the top of the chart and choosing malle moto.  It looks like Lyndon was leading yesterday, but he is not in yet today.  It seems to be an even gnarlier course than usual this year?!

I'd tried that the first day or two and no riders showed up but it looks to be working now, thanks

• Like 1

• Administrators

Not sure yet what happened today but I'm seeing only timing for waypoints 5-8.  Perhaps they cancelled wp's 1-4 for some reason (weather?).  Laia in 6th at one point, now 9th through wp5.

Petr Vlcek had a sub-60 finish (56th) yesterday which in my mind is a HUGE thing for a privateer/amateur to accomplish.  Bill Conger's still in it which is great.  All Americans are still in it so that's cool.

You hear anything @Steve_Kamrad?

• Like 2

• Administrators

Today's stage 9 cancelled due to weather.

Glad to see Bill Conger and Petr Vlcek still in it.  Petr's had a few sub-60 finishes now and Bill had what I think was his best finish yesterday at 63rd.

Lyndon was 37th yesterday which may also be his best finish so far.

And then of course Brabec got 2nd which is awesome.

Mark Samuels finished 21st which is also his best yet I believe.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AdventureRider29 said:

Did Brabic injure his Knee or did someone else in a fall during the  early stages? 

Barreda injured his knee on Sat (when he won), but it was not broken as he feared and he will continue to race.

Edited by PeteN95
  • Like 1