2018 Touratech Rally in Plain, WA, 6/21-24/18

I went last year for the first time and it was a lot of fun.  There is a lot of great riding over there and camping and partying with hundreds of other ADV enthusiasts is a blast.  There are many vendors with all kinds of cool products from little gizmos to whole motorcycles you can try out.  There are some great learning opportunities with Jimmy Lewis, Dirt First, and PSSOR doing classes.  There is a huge tent area for those riding in, but also an RV area if you want to trailer in too.  They offer guided tours for any skill level, or you can just make up your own using the supplied GPS maps.  There is food, beer, and gas available right across the street, but those great vendors usually have a keg flowing in the evening.  Last year there were about 800 people making it the largest ADV rally in the US, I believe.  This year they are going to actually limit attendance to about 1000 and early bird tickets sales end in February, so don't delay.   https://www.touratechrally.com/

See you there!,
Pete

BFpyGo-4.jpg

Edited by PeteN95
  • Like 3

I hope to go, my work is always crazy and it will be last minute if I get the chance. Only a few hours away when I am in Vancouver, not 16 or so like for Eric. (Although I did ride home to Vancouver from Laguna Seca once in one shot !) 

RPM

Edited by Allrpm
  • Like 1

So Eric, are you IN?  I am for sure at last through Saturday as I regularly have Fridays off and to myself anyways plus hopefully a bit of goodwill built up with the Wife by then to cover an extra day or two away.

PeteN looks like you’re confirmed so where will we all hang our collective hats? Under the big XLADV sign or what? I’ll be coming in early Friday AM so try to be quiet around the purpley looking Tiger when all you people arise at the crack of dawn Friday, will ya? Thanks, appreciated.

But seriously it’d be great to put a face to the handle so to speak and a reason to explore an area I haven’t spent a lot of time in before except in passing trying for my SS1K.

• Like 1

Hi Flappy, I'm not sure if we are going to ride over on the big bikes or take my buddy's motorhome with a trailer and the 650/690s?  We can exchange contact info or plan a meeting when plans finalize.  Maybe we can have an XLADV meetup?  What is "SS1K", maybe "Saddle Sore"?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PeteN95 said:

Hi Flappy, I'm not sure if we are going to ride over on the big bikes or take my buddy's motorhome with a trailer and the 650/690s?  We can exchange contact info or plan a meeting when plans finalize.  Maybe we can have an XLADV meetup?  What is "SS1K", maybe "Saddle Sore"?

SS1K is the Iron Butt Association Saddle Sore 1000 miles in 24 hours and there is a Bun Burner 1500 that is 1500 miles in 36 hours.

https://www.ironbutt.org/rides/

• Like 1

Thanks Pete,

I too have a 20+ foot flatbed trailer with multiple tie downs and a Superduty to pull it so if there is enough interest I could be persuaded to roll that in addition to Tigers. Should still have room for at least 2-4 bikes depending on how they are kitted. If little they can ride in the buckets in the bed leaving the trailer open or whatever. Still don't know if I'll be able to get my Wife away in which case I'll be bringing BOTH Tigers. But that would still leave room for two more people that wanted to go with their gear so if there is interest and you are between PDX and Plains let me know.

And as for the SS1K, yes that IS a Saddle Sore 1000. I ran one from Tigard to Missoula last Summer and as far as I know I'm the first Tiger 800 to run one. Had a great time and found out that the Tiger is actually QUITE comfortable to be on for a day straight when kitted correctly. I'm just too damned lazy to write ride reports as they are only interesting to the idiot blabbing and I don't blab well. Nice to be able to take in a bit of off pavement while there though, some of it has burned to the ground since and only exists in my GoPro and the stills I took.

https://spotwalla.com/tripViewer.php?id=172955a2466314b97b&hoursPast=0&showAll=yes .

• Like 1

• 1 month later...