Did Rev It Step in It?

• Administrators

Saw this today...

IMG_3011.JPG

I think it is newsworthy and worth discussing but I really don’t take offense, personally. I know their US marketing manager and she is quite pleasant.

He’s entitled to his opinion and even though I don’t agree with him, I know many Europeans don’t understand our 2nd amendment.

However, I did take offense about ten years ago when I heard the ceo of Netflix criticize Americans while in Canada. I cancelled my membership there and then.

I really don’t want a discussion about guns or mass shootings, I’m just curious if any of you see this could be a problem for Rev It?

• Like 5

We are all entitled to our opinions regardless of how batshit stupid or crazy they may be........HOWEVER when you hold a position of anything remotely public there needs to be some sort of filter so your personal feelings don't have a negative impact on the bigger attachment you may have.  

I would like to know more about the full back and forth before jumping to a side but I'll guess that comment stems from media knowledge of our country more than actual knowledge.  Yes there are many in America that are doorknob licking idiots just as there are those very same shit-tasting experts in other countries.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, greedyg said:

I don't do Rev-it anyway so I could care less, but if I was on the fence, I'd look for another brand because I have the freedom to choose in Merica!

And here I do wear Rev-it gloves.  I have found them to be a very good product when two pair of Rukka's proved to not be waterproof.  I'm sure this will find the crevice between the stove and counter as some other topic gets put on the burner.  I give it two weeks

• Like 1

Very unfortunate comment, but made on a personal FB page. I think we all are entitled to say stupid things once in a while, and we can also apologize for it. Let's see how or if Rev-It reacts. 

I am also very happy with my Klim gear, but I don't like them as a company. I think their marketing policies are shady, they have a lot of sponsored/"partner" riders that don't disclose their commercial relationship and write reviews and promote the brand. Very sneaky. Bad policy since the gear is pretty good and transparency is king.

Hey Eric,

I don't doubt your comment. I have only seen one Rev-It sponsored rider, and she discloses it on her bio. I have seen two guys that I follow on Instagram because they have the same bike as I do, and it has been very disappointing to see the lack of transparency and sneaky behavior. One guy called it a "partnership", which means pretty much the same in this social media arena. If you receive payment or goodies for free you need to disclose it. FB has a policy on that and has cancelled accounts, it's just a matter of time it starts doing it on Instagram. 

Both my first and current gear are from Rev'it although I have and do own gear from other brands, so no specific brand loyalty here. I'm quite curious to see if Rev'it reacts to this, but am not inclined to have these kind of comments influence my next purchase. I very much disagree with the comment itself (as far as it matters, I'm Dutch too), but I consider it probably not very serious, a generalisation and most importantly personal and unrelated to the brand. I would be far more inclined to consider not buying from companies that actively support the closing of trails than from companies that have an type-first-think-later employee working for them.

• Like 3

I would like to know more about the full back and forth before jumping to a side but I'll guess that comment stems from media knowledge of our country more than actual knowledge.  Yes there are many in America that are doorknob licking idiots just as there are those very same shit-tasting experts in other countries.

That's pretty much what it is. In Europe people mostly hear/read about the crazies. And if that's all you hear, you'll start to believe that everybody is as dumb as can be.
Hell, even the president comes across as not playing with a full deck.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Woonjas said:

In Europe people mostly hear/read about the crazies. And if that's all you hear, you'll start to believe that everybody is as dumb as can be.

That's just about as much of a generalisation as any. Just like not every American is an idiot with a gun not every European (or any other person in our floating rock for that matter) accepts media reporting at face value and doesn't look beyond for context.

Edited by Motopreneur
  • Like 1

That's just about as much of a generalisation as any. Just like not every American is an idiot with a gun not every European (or any other person in our floating rock for that matter) accepts media reporting at face value and doesn't look beyond for context.
Of course, but there is a large number out there who do.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I want to sincerely apologize for the comment I made. It was really stupid and I am very sorry.

This comment was my own and in no way represents the opinion of REV’IT! and has nothing to do with the company.

The comment was taken out of context from a heated personal facebook discussion about automatic machinegun laws after the florida shooting.

I should have never used those words in this discussion.

I have been apologizing personally by e-mail and facebook to all the people I offended with this comment. I feel very bad about this.

REV’IT! has a US headquarters, distribution center and many US employees.

The gear is top notch and we work very hard to keep our customers well protected on their bike.

Please don’t be angry at REV’IT! but please focus your anger on my private person. I am to blame not REV’IT!

I visited the US last year and I loved it. I am a big fan of the US and would love to explore more of your country.

All the people I met where very nice and they certainly did not deserve their country to be called retarded.

Please accept my personal apology.

regards,

Roderik

• Like 7

• Administrators

Thank you for your response. I think the consensus is that it’s not a big deal; you’re entitled to your opinion and not many thought it reflected on the brand. I think it does show you have great character though to come on and apologize.

Just make sure we keep seeing your lovely brand ambassadors at various events!

• Like 2