Baja Rally 2018

Anyone up for the Baja Rally this year?  I may do it again if I can get a small bike to do it on.  There is one mfg who says they're willing to help me out on that front so I'll talk more about it when I'm sure it's going to happen.  I think @GB. is doing it this year too?  I certainly hope so.

There's some interesting news out recently that the new route will be more a a Dakar-like loop encompassing more of Baja.  This isn't the actual course but an approximation of just service roads that connect these bivouacs: Ensenada, Las Cañadas, Cataviña, San Felipe, San Felipe, Ensenada.

screen-shot-2018-02-20-at-11-27-43-am_orig.png

I'm in for sure albeit I've not ponied-up the entrance fees yet as I've got bugger-all sorted for race help and still debating on 950 or 500. Training on the 950 felt easy enough in Baja Rally race school, but after racing the big girl  a couple of weeks back, i's a beast to consider for several days straight in race mode..TBD.

Would be great to get you back out there Eric and frankly would selfishly squash some of my anxiety but i get that you've attempted it already and may not want to repeat.

I've been in the saddle every week-end racing the 250 smoker and the 950 for the past month and working out on the Peloton fancy-ass stationary bike i treated wifey and I too over he holidays so I'm starting to see/feel dividends from it and the rower a couple of months into it now.

My biggest issue (and those who know me will gladly attest), I LOVE to ride but I can't wrench for beans. I mean simple stuff is doable and will def need more practice pre Baja but the thought of needing a pit crew seems daunting.

I may just be a twat an enter-in Malle Moto class on a wing and a prayer just for the hell of it.

I've got time but this is what keeps me up at night ;)

~ Cheers Peter

Edited by GB.

I bet we could get you some help from @Baja_jimmy07.  This bike mfg who said they'd loan me a bike is Beta but who knows what can happen between now and October.  At least their bike as a rally tank and fairing though already!

Depending on the days, I'd come to be the pit doc and bad company! :D

I bet we could get you some help from [mention=476]Baja_jimmy07[/mention].  This bike mfg who said they'd loan me a bike is Beta but who knows what can happen between now and October.  At least their bike as a rally tank and fairing though already!
Is Baja_jimmy07 Luis E.?
Depending on the days, I'd come to be the pit doc and bad company!
That's very generous of you Harsimran, stay tuned...