Taste of Dakar 2018

Anyone planning to head to Taste of Dakar this year? I think I saw Eric Hall mention he was going to keep his 100% good attendance award.

A few of us PNW regulars are making the trip down again for our spring fling in the NV desert (6th year for us.)  Probably spend a few days riding out of Pahrump or Beatty before the event starts Friday, then ride the event Saturday, and finish up Sunday (and hopefully part of Monday) out of Gold point.  Love the endless riding out there.  And got to love the Gold Point experience.

Hopefully with the event being later in spring we will not be limited on routes by the snow this year.

Taste of Dakar 2018 on Facebook

Altrider's Event Page

Couple Photo's from last year.

jake.jpg.b73d82b9d1ed9221f8b2cde0a6694395.jpgDSC05223.JPG.3c6cdbb0ead6f67ab64e15d998573127.JPGIMG_6381.JPG.e4f8f1a4d703b4172b381440dd4a70d9.JPGDSC05242.JPG.525f76e30dd8cfed30c3b61e34b49fc4.JPG

DSC05222.JPG

Edited by zodillyicous
  • Like 3

Looks like this one conflicts with the last AMRA Rd8 Enduro race of the year....decisions decisions. I skipped this last year and instantly regretted it when the photo's starting appearing. Jon, you and Ed up for watching me roost a bike into some bushes gain, or inevitably towing Mark back to base camp!?! :P:ride:

P.S. Did we all switch to orange???

Cheers~ Peter

• Like 1

As long as you don’t bring your little toy you should have fun. Oli will be on 450 and David will be on a 500. Our group should be orange and blue. Extended weekend again. I think riding Thursday through Monday. You guys will like trying to keep up with our buddy Jake on his 950.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Ok I've pulled the trigger and plan to head over to NV on April 4th (travel day). Guessing ride 5th/6th with whomever else's there early, then group ride Sat 7th and plan the trek back home Sunday.

Didn't do this one last year so guessing its camping for me until i figure out the lay o the land.

Jon, when are you and your hooligans headed-in and what are your plans for lodging?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just an FYI if you arrive early or stay late you either need to fend for yourself food wise, eat the tastie microwave bar food, or let them know ahead of time so they can plan accordingly. They also take $10 (I think) for camping extra nights. Meals were like $15. Bring plenty of cash as that is all that is accepted in town.

• Like 3

After speaking with a few friends that are going... they are all trailering their bikes down. I live in Vegas, so I was just going to ride there... Did I miss something? Is that a bad idea? I'm not exactly tackling advanced or attempting any sweet jumps...

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, DirtyPixel said:

After speaking with a few friends that are going... they are all trailering their bikes down. I live in Vegas, so I was just going to ride there... Did I miss something? Is that a bad idea? I'm not exactly tackling advanced or attempting any sweet jumps...

The only thing you missed is the fact that your friends are a bunch of sissys. Ride in

• Like 4

The only thing you missed is the fact that your friends are a bunch of sissys. Ride in
Comg from Phoenix it's an ass ride and wear on the knobbies I could do without... certified "trailer-pansy" right here.
You also have the added bonus of getting home if you "send-it" during the Rally...or so I've heard
  • Like 3