AltRider's Taste of Dakar 2018

• Administrators

Another fantastic event!  This was my 7th or 8th?  Only Jeremy and I have been to all of them.

Really good tracks too!  Many felt they were a bit too long but that was really no matter as we bailed at 1:10 on Friday to highway to get lunch and then again at 12:30 on Saturday and skipped a lot.

I rode the intermediate tracks Friday with @Jason R and @motochefarwi and a few others and really enjoyed it.  The advanced tracks were mostly the same but for a few "extra credit" sections.

Saturday I rode mostly with Jocelin Snow and Tiberio on the advanced.  We headed out to the dunes after lunch but I took us the wrong way on the long loop they said don't bother with so we headed back to Tonopah and topped off then went out to the dunes.  We heard from @motoguru that a guy had fallen and busted his leg and the sheriff was out there with a side by side or something getting him out of there.  We went quite a ways but the wind was getting really strong and kicking up a sandstorm and Jocelin was really wrestling that big 1200 of hers in the deep sand so we just headed back and were fine with that.

Our main speaker Friday night was Scot Harden and I really enjoyed that.  He had some great themes, the main one was we really need to get at least one friend into this sport to keep it going!  I also was interested in what he said about the French enjoying bringing Americans to Dakar to watch them fail.  Kind of motivated me!

Much more pics and video to come...

• Like 4

Another fantastic event!  This was my 7th or 8th?  Only Jeremy and I have been to all of them.
Really good tracks too!  Many felt they were a bit too long but that was really no matter as we bailed at 1:10 on Friday to highway to get lunch and then again at 12:30 on Saturday and skipped a lot.
I rode the intermediate tracks Friday with [mention=261]Jason R[/mention] and [mention=512]motochefarwi[/mention] and a few others and really enjoyed it.  The advanced tracks were mostly the same but for a few "extra credit" sections.
Saturday I rode mostly with Jocelin Snow and Tiberio on the advanced.  We headed out to the dunes after lunch but I took us the wrong way on the long loop they said don't bother with so we headed back to Tonopah and topped off then went out to the dunes.  We heard from [mention=267]motoguru[/mention] that a guy had fallen and busted his leg and the sheriff was out there with a side by side or something getting him out of there.  We went quite a ways but the wind was getting really strong and kicking up a sandstorm and Jocelin was really wrestling that big 1200 of hers in the deep sand so we just headed back and were fine with that.
Our main speaker Friday night was Scot Harden and I really enjoyed that.  He had some great themes, the main one was we really need to get at least one friend into this sport to keep it going!  I also was interested in what he said about the French enjoying bringing Americans to Dakar to watch them fail.  Kind of motivated me!
Much more pics and video to come...
Sounds like a good event I'll have to try and make that next year
  • Like 1

So it looks like Jeremy convinced me to make this next year after hanging out with him and many others at Adventure Days this weekend.  I met so many people including Jocelin and Tiberio.  Watching both Jeremy and Jocelin ride gave me more inspiration to push harder and learn more.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...