March Moto Madness (California)- March 27-29

• Administrators

This event began as a GS Giants event in TN but has morphed into a global phenomenon and is not bike or mfg specific.  All bikes are welcome.  Last year they had MMM events simultaneously in Spain, UK, Japan, Singapore, etc...  You can find more info on all that here.

This event is a regional one for the Southern and Central California region and will be held at Songdog Ranch in New Cuyama, CA.  To register/rsvp you'll need to go to either the Facebook page or Riverside BMW's Meetup page.

I'm told that the registration fee gets you two nights of camping at Songdog as well as two dinners and two breakfasts.

If you attended the GS Giants High Sierras event last Labor Day weekend, then you have an idea for what it will be like.

They are still scouting out trails but the highlight is Carrizo Plain with all the wildflowers and what not.  That is a beginner level trail, so very noob-friendly  :)  Check out the photo gallery too.

• 1 month later...

Wow! Time for me to wake up. Once again I'm a day late and a dollar short. I didn't know about this otherwise I'd have seriously considered it -- it's a short ride for me over the Venta-Copa pass on Hwy 33. But I'm already otherwise occupied this weekend.

If any of you guys go have twice the fun for me, ride safe!

• Like 1

There were 50 riders in the MMM PNW. It was held at an ORV park just outside Olympia Wa that borders a state forest. Muddy, muddy, muddy but a blast! I posted a bunch of pics here http://pnwtenere.com/2015/03/30/march-moto-madness-the-pictures/

Our group did a 64 mile loop through the State forest then returned to watch the GS giants compete. All the money raised went to Riders for health and Lost for a reason

• Like 1