Recommended 1290 SA-R Street Touring Tires for upcoming 2500 mile Street only tour?

Hey all! I'm pretty new to this ... and I hate to post what is certainly already be a dead horse topic on here and I know everyone has an opinion - BUT - I hoped I could get feedback from anyone who has recently done a street tour only loop on the 1290 SA-R with hard bags on this bike ... what tires do your recommend?

It'll be Oregon/Idaho/Montana with plenty of time thru Glacier National Park.

Zero off-road is planned since I'll be riding with friends on touring bikes and cruisers (most on H-D baggers and BMW K1600 B).

I currently have the stock Conti TKC's on it with 1200 miles but no way they'll make it to the trip, say nothing about the trip! ;)

Bonus Karma for anyone replying with actual pics of your recommended tires, etc!  LOL

Thanks in advance for your help!

Brian

2018-05-08 12_13_06-Adventure Motorcycle Tires _ ADV Tyres - YouTube.png

Edited by Brian Croft

I am currently running the Pirelli Scorpion Rally str and will be taking them on a loop from LA to Alaska.  Running them on my 1290 SA.  Not planning on too much off road and they have been great on the street (speed, stability, cornering, noise, ...).  They are also holding up well in terms of wear.  I’ll add pics later.  Currently I have 1500 miles on them, mostly road - hwy, twisties, urban.  I think there will be no problem for the 3500 up to Fairbanks where I will put on a fresh pair.  What has really stood out for me is their stability, cornering, agility in turns, and sound. A riding buddy put these on his 1200gs and did taste of Dakar as well.  He’ll be running his up to Alaska as well.

0E39D31A-B23E-4C3F-8478-0C339D7C0DBD.jpeg

BD9EBF9A-4E61-4D99-A446-9521407B0DF0.jpeg

Edited by renaissancerider
  • Like 1