BLM Officer Shoots Woman Off-Roading in Berdoo Canyon

• Administrators

Story here basically has a BLM officer(s) shooting a woman passenger of a side by side out at Berdoo Canyon over the weekend.  Lots of questions, finger pointing etc...

Update: Someone named Tylyn Blalock posted (heresay at this point) on the Desert Heat FB page: "This was my father and his wife who were riding in same area with friends. These cops were chasing someone else lost them and hid in the desert. My father was broken down with no wheel coming down the mountain.. BLM and Park Rangers ambushed them, had the wrong people, with no lights, no sirens, no warnings.. my parents had their hands up and they shot at the razor. Shots buzzed by my father and hit his wife as he watched her bleed all over the place. They detained him for over 12 hours and wouldn’t tell me a thing. They have been trying to cover it up ever since!

Then this: Attorneys are involved and have speaking with my father and wife all morning! They are okay and staying in the hospital until further notice! The surgeon was able to reattach her index finger and stitch her head. We don’t know the mobility of the hand just yet! Thank you for all your concerns!
We will be going after them do not worry!"

So at this point it's still not clear exactly what happened until I can see a news source updating the facts.

• Administrators

Update here where the couple gives their side (still not sure what the officers' side is) saying they had a flat rear and were stuck, mistaken identity, they were no threat to the officers and were just fired upon for no reason.

I think the Sherriff and BLM have a lot of questions to answer.

img_3629.jpg?w=509&zoom=2Also, this "reporter" seems to have slightly less than a high school education from all the spelling and grammar problems in the article.

• Like 1

• Administrators

Even if they DID fail to stop, they felt justified to use deadly force? Exactly what person's did their off-roading activity harm or put in real danger? My point is, even if they were in an area they were not supposed to be in, killing them is the solution if they don't stop? Not advocating for riding rouge, but the rationale for pulling one's gun in the line of duty needs to be proportionate to the threat of life. In this case, I don't see how their activity hurt anyone or was putting someone in imminent danger, justifying deadly force. I'm not aware that they tried to run over a BLM agent or anythink of the sort. If so, that is a good way to get shot for sure.

• 3 months later...