Rally computer / dashboard

Hi Guys & girls,

I've been having some issues with my Touratech IMO 100. Currently it's not displaying speed, which is not due to the IMO but because the electronic pickup is broken. I tried to change it out by a bolt-on unit from KOSO, but because the interval is different from the TT one (3 pulses per revelation instead of 1) the IMO won't display speed correctly. Dividing wheel size doesn't help either, because the IMO can't keep up with the pulses above 70kph and just displays 0kph instead.

Other than above mentioned issue the IMO has been resetting itself lately, making me enter time, wheel size and some other parameters every other time I start up the bike. It might be related to the incompatible speedo pickup since that's when the problem started, so for now I've disconnected the pickup again. Will see if this helps.

Getting somewhat ahead of myself with this issue I've been looking around for a replacement dashboard/rally computer. I could probably and quite simply replace the current unit with Touratech's latest offering. But at €350,- there are probably alternatives. For example, a Trailtech unit. Depending on the choosen unit this might end up being as expensive or even more expensive, but it will offer more functionality.And maybe there are other solutions as well, which I'm not aware of yet. So here's my question to you: any suggestions or insights on replacing the current IMO? I would like it to have at least the same functions as my current IMO (according to the TT website), but the speedo part of it all is obviously more important:

Speedo mode with daily trip odometer Simultaneous display of:

• Speed
  • Daily trip odometer
  • Time of day
  • Odometer

Rallye computer mode Simultaneous display of:

• Total distance covered, can be edited via remote control in steps of 10m, 50m or 100m or be edited at IMO-100R50 Rallye directly using
  • Partial distance (stage) can be reset via remote control or at IMO-100R50 Rallye directly
  • Time of day
  • Total distance covered or stage with large or small display

Thanks!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...