Say what?!!!
ADVMotoMag is reporting a new series is in the works!  What route do you think they'll take?  On which bikes?  Will you watch?
Story linked above
Long-Way-Up-2.jpg&key=e68c758bb4b17e79661dcbaa1a36862b0345c0af21e1d8bd13be74ee696f69ac

I am looking forward to this. These guys definitely played a roll in what started my obsession with Adventure Riding.
  • Like 1

I hadn't seen the series until after I'd started riding and it would bug me when the AOLrider small bike trolls would say things like "oh I bet he saw Long Way Round and just had to go out and buy a $25k bike" 😂

Liked the first two as well as Charley's Road to Dakar but this time given they are certainly much better riders with a lot more experience go a bit less supported than before.  The whole 3 car caravan with medical team, etc... is kind of not necessary, especially I think if they're doing S America north.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Eric Hall said:

I hadn't seen the series until after I'd started riding and it would bug me when the AOLrider small bike trolls would say things like "oh I bet he saw Long Way Round and just had to go out and buy a $25k bike" 😂

Liked the first two as well as Charley's Road to Dakar but this time given they are certainly much better riders with a lot more experience go a bit less supported than before.  The whole 3 car caravan with medical team, etc... is kind of not necessary, especially I think if they're doing S America north.

I see nothing wrong with people seeing a series like that then going out and buying a 25K adventure bike.  Everyone builds on other people's ideas or adventures.  

• Like 1

I'll see this new series, FWIW. Supported or not, these guys do a fairly good show. I reckon the support vehicles, accompanying doctor etc might be a contract & insurance based thing. Ewan MacGregor is now a famous actor and the other guy an experienced and skilled rider.

It would have been fun if the cameraman Claudio Von Planta teamed up also. He was a great resource and likeable dude

• Like 2

+1 on Claudio VP. The most relatable rider :)

I'll see this new series, FWIW. Supported or not, these guys do a fairly good show. I reckon the support vehicles, accompanying doctor etc might be a contract & insurance based thing. Ewan MacGregor is now a famous actor and the other guy an experienced and skilled rider.

It would have been fun if the cameraman Claudio Von Planta teamed up also. He was a great resource and likeable dude
  • Like 2