Motorcycle Insurance? Who and why?

• Administrators

I did an online quote from eSurance yesterday and they're looking pretty good price-wise. They are an Allstate company, so I'd imagine that the service is good enough.

My wife's dad is retired mil, so we're going to try to motivate him to get some  sort of token policy with them so that we can come on board. I've heard great things about USAA, so I'd like to make something there happen.

We've had our auto through Costco Ameriprise for years, but for some reason, they don't do motorcycle.

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

I ended up using an insurance broker and got a nice deal today. The Insurer is out of the Midwest called Foremost. They are a Farmers Ins. company, so solidly backed. I was able to save a nice chunk over Progressive with much better uninsured motorist coverage, a big deal in Florida. The premium was actually much less than expect, so I bumped up coverage a bit. I guess I've been paying for those Flo commercials... Sucker!

• Administrators

My new policy is about 60% the cost of Progessive w/ better coverage. I had Geico when I first bought the bike, but Progressive beat them on renewal. I'm not loyal to these guys. I'll switch annually if the price is better, assuming equal/better coverage and financially secure company. Seems to me that a good broker is the way to go. I didn't have the time to get quotes from that many vendors.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I personally like to go with multiple quotes while going for a better option on insurance providers. Mostly look between Dairyland insurance, Farmers, Direct Insurance Network and Progressive.

I would also like to share an experience of one of my friend encountered with an insurance claim for his bike. My friend, Donald Lawrence, got lucky with his motorcycle insurance last year, he encountered with an accident, not his fault though. All the damage cost was covered under his motorcycle insurance Boca Raton. Got all his damage repaired done very accurately within less time without much hassle.

030416-2016-harley-davidson-low-rider-s-loriders6.jpg

Edited by JohnHill