2018 Ken Mooty Memorial/CORVA Fundraiser

• Administrators

That time of year again!

Location will again be Panamint Springs Resort weekend of Nov 2.

Working right now on getting Tracy to cook.  He did our Mojave event.  

You'll need to book your own tent site/cabin/tent cabin/hotel room with PSR.

Will have prizes and raffle to raise funds for CORVA.

Registration link here

Attendees

Warren Windham

Warren Windham Guest

Doug Schramm

MotochefArwi

@Ross W

Ljubomir Zagorac

Ljubomir Zagorac Guest

• Like 2

That time of year again!
Location will again be Panamint Springs Resort.
Working right now on getting Terry to cook.  He did our Mojave event.  Cost is estimated to be ~$50-$60.
More to come soon!

Any dates?
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

I got us the group site so the first 15 people who sign up can stay there free. If you’ve signed up and reserved, you can cancel that up to two days prior if you want the group site.

We have just 7 signed up now and will do the event regardless but if we can’t get more soon our cook may back out and then we’ll end up paying more to PSR for food and nobody wants that!

So if you’re on the fence, sign up now and tell a friend. When you think about what you’ll pay separately for all this, it’s a still a good value.

• Like 1

That time of year again!
Location will again be Panamint Springs Resort weekend of Nov 2.
Working right now on getting Tracy to cook.  He did our Mojave event.  
Registration link here
Attendees
Warren Windham
Warren Windham Guest
Jantsen March
Brian Cornelius
[mention=512]motochefarwi[/mention]
Mrs motochefarwi
[mention=539]Ross W[/mention]
Ljubomir Zagorac
Ljubomir Zagorac Guest

“Mrs Motochefarwi” lol!!!

I got us the group site so the first 15 people who sign up can stay there free. If you’ve signed up and reserved, you can cancel that up to two days prior if you want the group site.

We have just 7 signed up now and will do the event regardless but if we can’t get more soon our cook may back out and then we’ll end up paying more to PSR for food and nobody wants that!

So if you’re on the fence, sign up now and tell a friend. When you think about what you’ll pay separately for all this, it’s a still a good value.

I gotta a friend to sign up! Doug Schramm is showing up! But he’s not a a man and won’t be in a tent. Lol!
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

-This-is-why-we-can39t-have-nice-things-meme-27962.jpg

Good news/bad news.

Bad news is with so few people signed up for this event I'm forced to make some decisions.  One is we won't get our cook nor our photographer :( 

Good news is the event is still on, we still have awesome raffle prizes and the upside is those attending have MUCH better odds now.  I'm also refunding $85 to those who've signed up already and re-setting the event price to $65.  I will keep the group site as well and that's free for the first 15 or so who want it.

• Like 1

-This-is-why-we-can39t-have-nice-things-meme-27962.jpg.589d31095e5ef519227924bd210c9c81.jpg
Good news/bad news.
Bad news is with so few people signed up for this event I'm forced to make some decisions.  One is we won't get our cook nor our photographer  
Good news is the event is still on, we still have awesome raffle prizes and the upside is those attending have MUCH better odds now.  I'm also refunding $85 to those who've signed up already and re-setting the event price to $65.  I will keep the group site as well and that's free for the first 15 or so who want it.

It’s all about the quality not quantity!! Good times bro! See ya there.
  • Like 2

• Administrators

If anyone has ideas on why this event isn't more popular, please let me know.

Not sure if it's the price.  There's an ADVrider rally in Pahrump, NV this same weekend but that didn't matter last year and we seem to draw a different rider type.

One thing I noticed is I left out the photography part in the main description on the FB event page.  That certainly doesn't help.  We had a good showing for Mojave and of course High Sierra so not sure why this one didn't get more attendees.

• Like 1

If anyone has ideas on why this event isn't more popular, please let me know.
Not sure if it's the price.  There's an ADVrider rally in Pahrump, NV this same weekend but that didn't matter last year and we seem to draw a different rider type.
One thing I noticed is I left out the photography part in the main description on the FB event page.  That certainly doesn't help.  We had a good showing for Mojave and of course High Sierra so not sure why this one didn't get more attendees.

Hi Eric, interesting point. I have heard some other fellas are heading down to Baja later in the month so I’m guessing time off is a premium. May I ask is there a breakdown of where each dollar is going to? Ie. Accommodations, CRVA, etc. I know the original included meals. Maybe everyone is not clear? Just a thought.

• Administrators

Breakdown is typically: food, photography, firewood, beer, my costs, group site, remaining going to CORVA.  I did spend $60 already promoting it on FB.  A lot of hours too on wrangling raffle prizes, talking with PSR, etc...  I was there a few weeks ago.

• Like 1

Breakdown is typically: food, photography, firewood, beer, my costs, group site, remaining going to CORVA.  I did spend $60 already promoting it on FB.  A lot of hours too on wrangling raffle prizes, talking with PSR, etc...  I was there a few weeks ago.

Yup, lots of folks may not see all the “pre-work” that goes into your events. “Hats off”to you and harvesting sponsors AND for a good cause!!!
  • Like 1

I didn’t see near as many promos for this ride than the others you have put together. I can’t be the only one and If that’s the case, you just didn’t get the exposure.   For me this time it was mostly work, and then I broke the bike...  but also, there seems to be a lot going on right now, Baja rally and others recently. Sept, Oct & Nov always are my busiest months. 

• Like 2