AIMExpo 2018

• Administrators

So highlight was probably this new tire from Bridgestone, the Battlax Adventurecross AX41 and is a 40/60 street/dirt tire that comes in most Adv bike sizes like 18” and 17” rear and 21” and 19” front

I thought this was a new tire I heard of last year but turns out that was from Dunlop and is out in maybe another 6 months. The brand manager impressed me because he actually follows me on Instagram and knew who I was

Seems like a decent tire and I’d love to try it out to see what kind of traction and longevity it has. Seems to be up against like the TKC-80, Karoo 3, Kenda Big Block, Shinko 804/805 and maybe the Anakee Wild.

• Administrators

Lots of familiar faces and spoke with Moto-Skiveez who gave me their new sock to try out that is better for foot fatigue of standing on the pegs all day (pic shortly)

I saw Cyclops and they have a cool new led turn signal system

dsc_0315-hdr(2)black(1).jpg

SENA was very busy and nice to stop in there to speak with their marketing manager Jay and saw Jocelyn Snow and a few others.

I spoke with the Yamaha PR guy and he was nice but had absolutely zero for me on the T 700 World Concept bike. He says it’s simply still in development and that there may be more news coming at EICMA.

Suzuki was meh and got some of their coloring books for Cameron’s class but come to find that Tristan did the artwork for it and they deleted his artistic signature! He wasn’t happy.

Harley was there but no Pan America concept bike.

Motoz was there and I got to meet the Australian owner named Rick and was really fun to get to talk with him. They have a lot of innovation coming out including a tubed Tractionator Adventure for smaller tires that fit the XR 650, Husky 701 and KTM 690.

• Like 1

• Administrators

Heard a very intriguing story of industrial sabotage on a prominent new product that had to be re-designed or fixed because the departing designer had basically intentionally ruined the design right before he left. The company then made an entire production run and went to market with a flawed product and have had to go back now and recall everything and do it over again.

I can’t say who/what it is for legal reasons but I bet that guy will never work in the industry again!

That’s the kind of inside baseball stuff you hear st an industry event like AIMExpo.

The keynote speaker was a very interesting guy from the Dept of Interior who gave a very optimistic and intriguing account of everything they’re doing to change the tone of our public lands from one that hadnt been as open to OHV as it is now. Very refreshing to hear that.