Eric Hall

Dakar 2019

Dakar 2019 is set for Peru Jan 6-17 and while we don't know the final list of riders at this point, I do know that both Skyler Howes and Garrett Poucher are going to represent the US!IMG_3038.JPG.03a678cec638412de7f55912040370d6.JPG

I've supported riders before (financially) and this time will be no different but it is personal this time.  I had the good fortune of racing and pitting with Garrett and Skyler at Sonora Rally this last March and also raced with Garrett at Baja Rally last year.  The amount of effort he expended on my behalf, mostly in prepping my 450X, was really amazing and I'm forever indebted to him for that experience.  I said it before but pitting with these guys made it feel like I was backstage with some major musical group.

IMG_3036.JPG.3ef6a8cb80e0ce625ef85bbcbe7ed48a.JPG

Join me in supporting their bid to get to Dakar this year at this GoFundMe link.

Dakar used to be about privateers and still is to an extent.  I feel these two not only have a good chance of finishing, but finishing well.  Skyler won his first rally raid event at Sonora earlier this year, they both came in third at Baja 1000 (team of 3) and Skyler just won the Baja Rally (by 30 min).  They are super nice people and work their asses off.

• Like 2

nice to see American riders in the Dakar. It's been a bit of an European party too long.

Will they be participating in the Malle Moto class?