Next to see who's the king of Adv tyres - Motoz

The Warthogs got new rubbers, this time its Motoz. Interestingly this 50/50 tyre can be swopped around which then makes it a more offroad tyre... they say. Paid the absurd amount of 10us to fit the new tyres here in Peru, I just had to take the wheels off the bikes and refit them.
We try all the tyres we can get if it seems some reviews are positive. It beats struggling through Facebook post with 300 comments about what tyre is good.
The Mitas we replaced did surprisingly well and better than the K60's. 
1022540559_Motoztyrespikipiki.jpg.afaaca749b0d65d8873db5b4fd3303b5.jpg
Edited by michnus
  • Like 2

• Administrators

Glad to see you're giving that a try.  I've heard great things about it but I'm not a 50/50 tire guy given the type of riding I do.  But after being down in Colombia and doing about 25% off road on some not-to-horrible dirt roads I can see the value of a tire like this.  Ive heard good things about the Mitas too.  E7?  If so you may like the traction of the GPS better given it's 100% natural rubber and not as hard as the E07 but still lasts a long time.

The Eo7 Dakar is a decent tyre, it is the ones we just replaced. Bloody tough strong tyre and a bitch to fit and take off. 

We have no choice for riding the 50/50 lot. I would have loved to use more offroad orientated tyres but we need to get miles as well. So we make due with the 50/50 lot. Saying that we do all kinds of offroad and I mean proper offroad stuff and tracks and the Mitas did not disappoint, also maybe just because we have to make them work. But I agree a better offroad tyre would be wonderful. 

If the GPS offers a half decent life we can try them. But if they last as long as the Mitas that would be bloody cool, less than 8000km odd it would be no good.