2019 KTM 790 Adventure

42 minutes ago, Eric Hall said:

@Nerb click the link as it shows it $1500 less than the 1090 and $1800 more than the 690.

I think you need one for your next Simpson crossing ;) 

Would love to eric, but I dont think there will be time. Crossing this year in August. I havnt pre-ordered because i havnt got 20k spare and I think the first few shipments will go to all the preorders. I doubt I'll be able to get one within 12 months.

• Like 1

We received the pricing for all the new street bikes yesterday, the 790R is $13,499 which $1000 more than the 790 "street" version which to me made no sense, I'll have to dig up the differences when I get a chance outside the 43mm fork and 2 piece seat on the S vs 48mm forks and one piece seat on the R model.

You are correct, there was a $1500 rebate on the left over 1090's making it a little harder to choose.

Edited by MGorman
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, MGorman said:

We received the pricing for all the new street bikes yesterday, the 790R is $13,499 which $1000 more than the 790 "street" version which to me made no sense, I'll have to dig up the differences when I get a chance outside the 43mm fork and 2 piece seat on the S vs 48mm forks and single seat on the R model.

You are correct, there was a $1500 rebate on the left over 1090's making it a little harder to choose.

suspension I guess makes the biggest difference i price.

Edited by robson

14 hours ago, robson said:

1090 are now on sale and I can get it at the same price as 790, problem is not sure if not wait for 1090 update...

https://amcn.com.au/editorial/ktm-1090-adventure-revamp/

I just had a chance to look at this.  Even though the 950/990 airbox is a pain in the butt, I always wondered why KTM abandoned the saddle tanks on the Adventures in favor of one big tank set high.  The article you posted seems to show they may be going back to that design.  Hopefully like on the 950/990, they won't use a glove box that is too small for gloves in favor of a better designed airbox and filter access as well as access the carburetors.  

I just sat on a 2019 new Honda Africa Twin Adventure Sports on Sunday and immediately disliked the fuel tank.  It looked and felt massive as well as sitting pretty high.  It was definitely in the way of comfort for my knees while standing.

My 950 is getting torn into next week for it's annual winter valve check, after I spend 2 hours trying to find them!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MGorman said:

I just sat on a 2019 new Honda Africa Twin Adventure Sports on Sunday and immediately disliked the fuel tank.  It looked and felt massive as well as sitting pretty high.  It was definitely in the way of comfort for my knees while standing.

same was my experience, I've canceled my order twice for new AT. Just something was not right with this bike for me.

That new tank design will be nice I'm sure because now current 1090 is unfortunately top heavy.

• Like 1

[mention=2562]MGorman[/mention] you haven't seen the 790 air box yet?  You're gonna love it!
No Eric, I have not. Now that the bike is public, I'm sure the parts lists and service manuals should be on dealernet. Not being a street dealer, I'm not going to see one unless I visit another dealer. Sadly, rumor has it, 3 neighboring dealers are considering not renewing or participating in the street program for 2019 which could be a bad choice with both 790's coming out.

53 minutes ago, robson said:

a last some detailed close ups:

Some great info...thanks!  FWIW - I cut the audio (since my Polish is a little rusty theses days)  and slowed the player speed to 1/2.  That gave me ample time to really take a look at specifics on the bike while reading the commentary. Some of which was pretty funny.  She is going to be a blast!

Well, Australian pricing is out and we are being hammered!

Tell me if this is correct....

In USA, 790R $13499, AT $13499 (same price), Tiger 800XCX $14450 (+7%) and 850GS is $15595 (+14%)

In Australia 790R $22690, AT $19499 (-14%), Tiger 800XCX $21650 (-5%) and F850GS Rallye $18390 (-19%) and rallye-X is $22,305.

edit: the 1090R here is $21500.... 5% cheaper than the 790.

Here, the 790R is by far the most expensive of all the 800 bikes. Why oh why!

Edited by Nerb
  • Sad 1