LAB2V 2019 Adventure Route

• Administrators
4 hours ago, WFODave said:

Would love to drag some bikes out to this area and experience what you guys have to offer. Is there a time of year that's better than others?

Would like to do some rides on the 1290 and maybe some difficult single track on the 500. Are there enough riders out there for a lone rider to hook up with?

Generally between October and May are best to avoid the high heat

• Administrators

@Dino Trefiletti that actually sounds really cool!  I used to do these night rides here up Saddleback mountain in the summer and found with a good set of led aux lights that it was actually easier to ride because the lights showed you all the best lines.  Middle of summer though isn't it still like 90 degrees?  I grew up in Phoenix and I know! lol

11 hours ago, Eric Hall said:

@Dino Trefiletti that actually sounds really cool!  I used to do these night rides here up Saddleback mountain in the summer and found with a good set of led aux lights that it was actually easier to ride because the lights showed you all the best lines.  Middle of summer though isn't it still like 90 degrees?  I grew up in Phoenix and I know! lol

You are spot on about seeing better lines at night. 90 degrees with no sun beating on you is much more doable and can feel much cooler. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Jimmy is a good asset.  It will have to be a combination of dirt and pavement to avoid the many deep sand sections of day 2.  Perhaps this could be a good way to involve the Mojave Preserve.  The BLM may be more receptive to an Adv route through the Preserve rather than dirt bikes with license plates.  I have many big bike routes through the Preserve if it works out. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, Harsimran Baweja said:

Jeeeez...I seem to have a reputation :P

Maybe we should put together a team - Meerkats?  Hahaha...I might have an x-pro MX racer who might join us if we do this.  I'm thinking of getting the Tractive ESA suspension for my bike from Ted Porter at the Beemer shop.  Anyone have business with him before?

2 minutes ago, Le Cler said:

Maybe we should put together a team - Meerkats?  Hahaha...I might have an x-pro MX racer who might join us if we do this.  I'm thinking of getting the Tractive ESA suspension for my bike from Ted Porter at the Beemer shop.  Anyone have business with him before?

So we are doing the LAB2V on XLADV bikes on the regular course NOT the Starbucks route? right!

17 minutes ago, Harsimran Baweja said:

So we are doing the LAB2V on XLADV bikes on the regular course NOT the Starbucks route? right!

That's what we are thinking at the moment.  I have seen the moshpit where it gets really gnarly with the rocks and even little bikes are struggling.  That said, I am working on getting in @Eric Hall shape before then. ??  I couldn't do that in my current habitus.  @Eric Hall, I need your workout plan.