Eric Hall

LAB2V 2019 Adventure Route

4 hours ago, WFODave said:

Would love to drag some bikes out to this area and experience what you guys have to offer. Is there a time of year that's better than others?

Would like to do some rides on the 1290 and maybe some difficult single track on the 500. Are there enough riders out there for a lone rider to hook up with?

Generally between October and May are best to avoid the high heat

The same months for riding hold true here in Vegas and from June to October we do night rides to beat the heat.  You can do the whole southern half of the NVBDR at night in the middle of summer.  

With a good light, off-road night riding is a whole nother experience that is not to be missed!

• Like 1

@Dino Trefiletti that actually sounds really cool!  I used to do these night rides here up Saddleback mountain in the summer and found with a good set of led aux lights that it was actually easier to ride because the lights showed you all the best lines.  Middle of summer though isn't it still like 90 degrees?  I grew up in Phoenix and I know! lol

11 hours ago, Eric Hall said:

@Dino Trefiletti that actually sounds really cool!  I used to do these night rides here up Saddleback mountain in the summer and found with a good set of led aux lights that it was actually easier to ride because the lights showed you all the best lines.  Middle of summer though isn't it still like 90 degrees?  I grew up in Phoenix and I know! lol

You are spot on about seeing better lines at night. 90 degrees with no sun beating on you is much more doable and can feel much cooler. 

• Like 1