Jump to content
Eric Hall

LAB2V 2019 Adventure Route

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, WFODave said:

Would love to drag some bikes out to this area and experience what you guys have to offer. Is there a time of year that's better than others?

Would like to do some rides on the 1290 and maybe some difficult single track on the 500. Are there enough riders out there for a lone rider to hook up with?

Generally between October and May are best to avoid the high heat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The same months for riding hold true here in Vegas and from June to October we do night rides to beat the heat.  You can do the whole southern half of the NVBDR at night in the middle of summer.  

With a good light, off-road night riding is a whole nother experience that is not to be missed!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Dino Trefiletti that actually sounds really cool!  I used to do these night rides here up Saddleback mountain in the summer and found with a good set of led aux lights that it was actually easier to ride because the lights showed you all the best lines.  Middle of summer though isn't it still like 90 degrees?  I grew up in Phoenix and I know! lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Eric Hall said:

@Dino Trefiletti that actually sounds really cool!  I used to do these night rides here up Saddleback mountain in the summer and found with a good set of led aux lights that it was actually easier to ride because the lights showed you all the best lines.  Middle of summer though isn't it still like 90 degrees?  I grew up in Phoenix and I know! lol

You are spot on about seeing better lines at night. 90 degrees with no sun beating on you is much more doable and can feel much cooler. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Dino Trefiletti said:

What’s the latest on the Adventure routes?

No final route yet.  Many good options between Palmdale and Barstow for day 1 but day 2 is a challenge and getting Jimmy Lewis to help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jimmy is a good asset.  It will have to be a combination of dirt and pavement to avoid the many deep sand sections of day 2.  Perhaps this could be a good way to involve the Mojave Preserve.  The BLM may be more receptive to an Adv route through the Preserve rather than dirt bikes with license plates.  I have many big bike routes through the Preserve if it works out. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Harsimran Baweja said:

Jeeeez...I seem to have a reputation :P

Maybe we should put together a team - Meerkats?  Hahaha...I might have an x-pro MX racer who might join us if we do this.  I'm thinking of getting the Tractive ESA suspension for my bike from Ted Porter at the Beemer shop.  Anyone have business with him before?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Le Cler said:

Maybe we should put together a team - Meerkats?  Hahaha...I might have an x-pro MX racer who might join us if we do this.  I'm thinking of getting the Tractive ESA suspension for my bike from Ted Porter at the Beemer shop.  Anyone have business with him before?

So we are doing the LAB2V on XLADV bikes on the regular course NOT the Starbucks route? right!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Harsimran Baweja said:

So we are doing the LAB2V on XLADV bikes on the regular course NOT the Starbucks route? right!

That's what we are thinking at the moment.  I have seen the moshpit where it gets really gnarly with the rocks and even little bikes are struggling.  That said, I am working on getting in @Eric Hall shape before then. 😃😎  I couldn't do that in my current habitus.  @Eric Hall, I need your workout plan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:

XL Adventure Motorcycle Community

Register a new account Sign In Now

×